2008 Singapore available (version 2.0)

Posted by R_Scandura 
Re: 2008 Singapore released
Date: October 11, 2008 12:12AM
Posted by: R_Scandura
mmmh i dont re-do other people stuff because not liked... i care if you dont like my own stuff, not mr Vaillant ones, sry bout that ;-)

-------------------------------
Date: October 11, 2008 01:54PM
Posted by: Addicted On GPXSeries
savinaclaudio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For night sky, you have to set custom weather and
> ZERO % of rain.
> Otherwise, as the weather changes in Gp3, the game
> uses the others sky bitmaps (skybXX, skycXX...)
> and you see sunny sky.
> Let me know.

Oh,that's why night only worked once when i did a race at Milwakee mile.
I think i'll have to reinstall gp3 to check another amazing job as always from Roberto!
Date: October 14, 2008 12:22PM
Posted by: jyceZZ9
Wonderfull track !

Very good job as usual, Master Scandura
Date: October 18, 2008 12:41PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Really nice track! Since GP3 runs again on my system (Vista), I've tested this one with a night configuration and I'm impressed how nice the track are. Some more details would be nice like the houses on the side after turn 4, where you drive on the long straight. Also some crowd standings are I missing. I hope, you will do a second version of it Rob. ;-)
Date: October 18, 2008 02:20PM
mmm i can't put what i can't see ;) For every additional detail i'm up for it but you must provide me good pics to see what's missing. From the onboard i havent seen anything over the metal fences.

Date: October 19, 2008 01:09PM
Posted by: SENNA0811
Great job! How did you proceed to have the records screen without names ? I want to remove the old names from the other tracks but don't know how to do it...
Thanks for your help!
Date: October 19, 2008 06:41PM
Posted by: felix_el_gatosabanero
Next year a new one, Abu Dhabi gp!

Date: October 20, 2008 10:29PM
Posted by: ErickVonDraxeler
I would like to see some screens of this track...

GPGSL-3: Fox race driver and team manager - 2011-2012 Constructor Champion - 2012 Driver Champion

Season 9 - #18 Erick Von Draxeler - #35 Marcus Bongardt
Date: October 21, 2008 01:24PM
Posted by: bender
Fantastic work Robert!

The track is very enjoyable to drive but also demands high concentration!

I have had a few 6 - 10 lap sprints whlst getting used to the track and in every race I go off onto the run-off areas at least once!
Date: October 23, 2008 05:07PM
Posted by: ced90
I've some graphic problems on the track: On some corners the cars disappear for a moment. On the gridlines and on the bridge this effect appears most. Can anyone help?
Date: October 23, 2008 07:49PM
i've spot it. it seems a problem with the external camera view. i fixed it here. may put online with a new version when i'll get some more info about updates :)

Date: November 02, 2008 03:27PM
Posted by: Jackal
Okay then, as Rob said early on in this thread, the track's MD has not been tested. So I'll just report what I experienced, having run a 100% race (or better having halfway run one, want to drive the second part after watching F1 tonight). I used a pretty conservative setup, high grip, less topspeed than the CC cars.

In the first few laps, I was just around where I should be considering the carset I use, ie 10th or something, not just position-wise, but also in terms of laptimes. But after a few laps, while I could keep up my speed and drove my so far fastest time on lap 18, the CC cars' times quickly drop - by now, they are lapping a full 4 seconds slower than they did at the start. So maybe there's a difference in tyre wear between human/Ai cars, or maybe the rather aggressive default setup wears the tyres heavier, or...

Right now, the first CC cars have just stopped and for now returned to "proper" speed, but if it continiues like this I'll easily win the race from 21st on the grid... which is kind of strange as in all 14 races up to now with this carset, I've never been better than 6th. So maybe the MD needs some work, not as much in general CC speed (although those times are quite a bit slower than real lap times, but that may be due to the physics I use, F1GP3WC ones) but especially on their consistency and competetiveness in the race.

I'd do it myself but - I have to admit my understanding is rather limited and I have made a version that suits myself, but I guess you guys want it done properly.
Date: November 02, 2008 08:10PM
some things i'm slowly trying to experiment with md

about tyre wear, need to see if the tyre consumption is expressed in percentages too.
[13190 ; tyre wear]
Something like where 10000 = 100% meaning a linear consumption
In that case higher values than 10000 would be an abnormal consumption (many people in the past complained about laptimes decadence at lap 4 with tyre wear around 17000=170%) while lower values would make less abrasive surface or so...
In track editor there is also a slot for tyre consumption that is usually set to 25000 but dunno if it is enabled on the track or not. In case I'd report there too the tyre wear of the md

same test would go for the cc shuffler. i usually set 9000=90%
[9000 ; cc shuffler???]
i'd like to see if 10000 reflects the 100% pace curve. with much higher values i see Minardi guys shoot fastest laps while much lower values make the fastest laps to be set at lap2.

as a consequence i'd like to do the same test with this sort of tyre controller...
[15506 ; helps decide if a tyre set needs changing? (dword!)]
[15000 ; same as above (dword!)]
if the 100% concept is correct it could be a sort of 'how quickly you react when the track gets wet'. It could be for human cars and for cc cars. Usually these values are set around 14000/16000 and i noticed that cars keep run on the dry softs even though the track is totally wet and on same tyres i slide as hell...
Higher than 10000 would make cars delay the pitstop i suppose but it's hard to get the right conditions to experiment with it...

Date: November 03, 2008 01:22PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Very hard to work with MD file and understand what every value means, 'couse it seems that Gp3 anyway has a sort of "you never know" factor due (probably) to some random numbers (but where are they?): so it's bery difficoult to really control the parameters in the MD.
What you say, Roberto, about tyre ware and shuffler is correct: the difficoulty is to understand how they actually works; i fear that we'll have to live with a physiologic % of random factor. For example, i drove on tracks where the tyre wear was very high, and i had no problems even in longer races; in other tracks (as your Bahia Blanca Airport) i had a bad consumption after half of the first stint, and i had to came to the pit, as i was sailing rather then driving... while in Houston in the last 20 laps i took 20 second to the driver that was in front of me (and we had the same strategy). Therefore, it seems that in the same race, the different tyre sets have different consumptions.
About "help decide if a tyre set...", i experienced a few time that i have been called for a pit when driving with a "bad" tyre set (dry tyres and wet track, for example) as the pit had realized i was using uncorrect tyre for the track conditions in that moment. But not so sure.
About the "percentage concept", i think that if the concept is correct, it should work for every parameter.
At this moment i feel like "i know to know nothing".
Bye.
Date: November 03, 2008 03:24PM
my old md's are totally craps as i had no idea of what i was doing ;)

one way to experiment is to start a soloAI race and save it as the cockpit appears, in this way the values are freezed in the savefile. then work with the md and sit and watch...

Re: 2008 Singapore available (version 2.0)
Date: December 28, 2008 09:12PM
just uploaded version 2
i fixed the ccline in last curve as i didnt like it and the issues with some camera. Also added more details, like some of the main buildings visible along the track. Details are not extreme, hope you like it

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2008 02:41PM by R_Scandura.
Date: December 29, 2008 12:18PM
Posted by: andrzej pilaszkiewicz
Thanks, Roberto.
I play GP3 three to four times a week. Different seasons, different tracks. But, tbh, each late night I end with non-championship race in Singapore.
Keep up !
Date: December 29, 2008 11:14PM
Posted by: Rod_vs
Great!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Date: December 30, 2008 07:40PM
Posted by: belini
some magic help concerning the drop off of ai performance during the race

1: tyre wear, this can be difficult to work out as the ai tyre wear is the same
for all 4 tyres, most of the time I just add the all 4 player tyre values, divide
by 4 and adjust the tyre wear value to match.

2: it's equally important that the ai uses the same amount of fuel as the player,
I try to get the ai car use the same fuel to within 10 sectors after 4 laps of
racing, the only way to do this is to multiplay 2 cars with the same performance
and same fuel and compare then re-run until you get it close.

3: cc shuffler, values should range from min of 800 to no more than around
6000, in qualifying a large value has an effect on the random grip so at 6000
the pole time may vary from 3 - 4/10ths either side of pole time, usually the
slower runners have a larger range of random grip this has an effect of shuffling
the grid a little.

in the race a larger value will slow the lap times for all cars as the race progresses,
a value of 800 should give fastest laps through a whole session, this of course is
dependant on the tyre wear and fuel being correct, so to set up a track you need
to set ccshuffler first before setting up tyre wear and fuel.

4. lastly is bhp, for gp32k/gp4 there's 6 values that need to be set for the game
to run properly, gp4phys doesn't patch any of these values which is why it's
important that the belini tracks use the correct patches for different seasons.

gp3 I know nothing about except it's completly different, a quick test you could
try is to set all cars @ 400 bhp in gp3phys and performance files, start from the
back and if you easily out accelerate everyone then you know you have the same
problem, only fix for this is to always run the carsets at around the original bhp
value of 800 for gp3 (810 gp32k) if you want good racing.

this has to be correct to start with before you even think about tyre wear and fuel,
it's very time consuming:)

pk

belini on youtube
[uk.youtube.com]

Date: January 10, 2009 02:13AM
Posted by: Racer#73
belini Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> gp3 I know nothing about except it's completly
> different, a quick test you could
> try is to set all cars @ 400 bhp in gp3phys and
> performance files, start from the
> back and if you easily out accelerate everyone
> then you know you have the same
> problem, only fix for this is to always run the
> carsets at around the original bhp
> value of 800 for gp3 (810 gp32k) if you want good
> racing.
>
>

I run with the original values for GP3 2000 but i still can out accelerate the AI coming off certain tight turns at some tracks, like at your Sakhir (especially in the first and second hairpins). Is there any values that I can change in the MD file? Apart from changing the CC grip and power factors values.

Thanks. Cheers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy