Indy - am I just crap?

Posted by St.Hubbins 
Indy - am I just crap?
Date: July 13, 2002 07:08AM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
I seem to be having a few problems on the Indy F1 track. For reasons that I am unable to establish I am about 2.5 seconds per lap slower than the front runners. I'd like to think it is not just my lack of driving ability, and this is supported by my performances at most other circuits.

I have tried many different set-ups, all of which seem to compensate top speed for downforce. The best (fastest) set-up I have found is about 15mph slower than the CC's on the main straight and I lose a furher 1.5s on sector 2. When I have adjusted the wing settings and gear ratios to match the CC top speeds I find absolutely no traction on the infield.

I am using Ricardo Lampert's 2001 update of the track and was wondering whether perhaps the performance files within are just a little bit out. Any suggestions, or am I just the Alex Yoong of GP simulations?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Re: Indy - am I just crap?
Date: July 13, 2002 12:15PM
Posted by: Marki
What's your time?
Date: July 13, 2002 12:23PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I havent bothered reading anything but myu consensus is

you are just crap :P

Date: July 13, 2002 11:27PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Okay, it ain't been too helpful so far, so here are a few details:

I just ran a test session, and in qualifying trim I am lapping at around 1m 15.8s. I ran a Non Ch'ship race with no driver selected and the pole position time was 1m 13.8s. So, all said and done I am 2 seconds off the pace of the front guys.

Now, before you start laughing, I hav no problems admitting I'm crap, and if that is true then I know I ned to work a little harder. However, If I am just unfortunate that the CC's are set way to fast then I would love to know. I don't want this to degenerate into a "My fastest Indy Lap" thread, so if there is anyone out there who can give some advice, send me a set-up or whatever, then it would be appreciated.

I'm at a loss. I don't understand why Jarno Trulli's dominant Renault can be so far off the pace at one GP.?????????

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy