Wierd problem

Posted by BenF1 
Wierd problem
Date: August 03, 2008 08:22PM
Posted by: BenF1
Hey all,

Been a while since I played GP3 apart from the F1GP3WC. I'm having a wierd problem in GP3. I have drafi's 2008 carset and Hungaroring 2003, unfortunatly there seems to be an issue with the steering. There is a delay from when I hit the keys to when the steering is recognised in game. Does anyone know what might be up? I'm running Gp3.exe in Windows 98 mode if that helps..

Thanks in advance
Ben.

[www.myspace.com]
Re: Wierd problem
Date: August 03, 2008 09:40PM
Posted by: drafi5
You need the Hungaroring fix for 1.13 by Major Tom, you will find
it on my homepage [drafi5.bplaced.net] in the "Misc" section.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: August 04, 2008 11:10PM
Posted by: Brianf666
All well and good if its just on the one track. (must remember to d/l the fix thanks Drafi) I have had this on every track unless I reduced processor loading to a minimum. The main culprit was leaving Kaspersky anti-virus running but I switched to Avast! a week ago and I can leave that on. The other problem I have like this is using an ATI on-board chip instead of a dedicated card and memory. That'll teach me to cut corners on building a new box.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: August 05, 2008 04:18PM
Posted by: mcdo
Why leave anti-virus software on? I shut off everything but the basics, offline of course.
Date: August 05, 2008 07:00PM
Well thanks for the advice guys. I tried MajorTom's fix to no avail. It seems to be an issue with running GP3 in Windows 98 compatability mode... however if I don't run it in that none of the newish tracks run and crash back to desktop instead.

On the asserts, this is what I got back after a crash running in 98 mode:

0x00413419 -> Bump range too high. Wrong slot or no cmagic used or wrong bump table made.
0x00413419 -> Bump range too high. Wrong slot or no cmagic used or wrong bump table made.

[www.myspace.com]
Date: August 06, 2008 09:55PM
Posted by: oxygene
Hi all, this is my first post, but perhaps i can help you out with the issue, after installed 1.13 version i have had the same problem in every track, but installing gpxpatch solved the problem

i hope this help
/Oxygene
Date: August 09, 2008 01:12AM
I use GPxPatch...

[www.myspace.com]
Date: August 09, 2008 11:19AM
Posted by: Brianf666
Have you ensured that a valid Magic Data file is inserted into every track? I found that saving tracks with Paul Hoad's Track Editor removes the MD data from the .dat file during a save, and must be replaced each time. Its unilkely to be a bump-table issue unless you have made dramatic changes to that. The other possibility is that you have inadvertently put the .md from Spa or another long track into other tracks. Spa is a long circuit and has bump data beyond the end of most other tracks. That will cause such a problem. Just thinking about that, I had an issue with a .md file getting a value far beyond the track length. I never found out how it got there but the fix was pretty simple. I just checked the length of the track and made sure all the bump table data was within.
Oh, you are starting from GPxPatch, aren't you?
The only other problem you might encounter is with a few tracks, the game crashes to desktop at certain places. This can be cured in Track Editor by zero-ing the 0xc5 and 0xc6 data, which hog resources and only have a minimal effect on distant objects in the game.
Drop me an email if you want a set of current .md files that work to insert and I'll .zip 'em up for you.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy