GP3 Track Editor v.2.20

Posted by badger27 
GP3 Track Editor v.2.20
Date: July 31, 2008 05:32PM
Posted by: badger27
I've recently got it in my head to design a track. That's all very good, but using Paul Hoads track editor isn't that easy. I was wandering whether someone could give me a few directions with regards to completing the project.

I've currently laid out the track itself, and the boundaries, but apart from that have done little else. I assume I'm missing vitals like the CC line, but I don't know how to make them.

Would appreciate your help, cheers.

Williams' Wonders: Jones, K.Rosberg, Piquet, Mansell, Prost, Senna, Hill, Villeneuve, .....?
Re: GP3 Track Editor v.2.20
Date: July 31, 2008 06:33PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
good news that someone started something nowdays. maybe you may want to give a look to the tutorial i made. may help somehow. it's in my site. good luck! :)

-------------------------------
Date: July 31, 2008 07:03PM
R_Scandura Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> good news that someone started something nowdays.
> maybe you may want to give a look to the tutorial
> i made. may help somehow. it's in my site. good
> luck! :)

Thanks, but I can't seem to be able to download it...
I tried downloading the single files as well, but i can't downloading all of them either!

Any ideas?

Williams' Wonders: Jones, K.Rosberg, Piquet, Mansell, Prost, Senna, Hill, Villeneuve, .....?
Date: July 31, 2008 07:44PM
i fixed the link to the complete packages (thanks for reporting) but the single files here work fine :s

try 'right click/try save target as...' otherwise pm me your email and will send the package :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2008 07:45PM by R_Scandura.
Date: July 31, 2008 07:53PM
thanks. I think it might of been a Firefox problem actually. It wouldn't work the second time, but in IE it does.

Sorry about that.

Date: August 01, 2008 03:15PM
First of all I must thank you for a very useful manual indeed. Has helped me do a lot of important elements.

However, the whole scenery creation is killing me... is it really necessary? All I want is to drive around the track, a core track with little else, which I'm not able to do yet.

Do I need scenery, objects and cameras?

I've passed all the sanity checks so far, but no luck with gameplay.

Date: August 01, 2008 04:08PM
no luck with gameplay means that the game crashes when trying to load yout track?

scenary and object are not needed. all you need to race is a layout, a pitlane, a ccline and a magicdata. all the rest is to catch the eyes. if you have loading problems, post here all the details you can like the track you used as base for your and in case the text of the asset file from the debug mode (tick debug mode and log assertion) :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2008 04:28PM by R_Scandura.
Date: August 04, 2008 06:05PM
Yeah, I've yet to put in the Magicdata nor the CC-line, so its expected I guess.

Would I be right in assuming that to work out the cc-line I would have to drive the track? The track is fictional, so I don't actually know any of the speeds.

Also how do I go about the Magicdata? I'm thinking using the file for the track I started with would be wise, but was thinking maybe there is a way to get the info from the editor to the file?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2008 06:37PM by badger27.
Date: September 03, 2008 03:31PM
Posted by: ro4die
hi, somebody here can give me more explanation about construction of object and scenery, my tracks not are much realistcs, and i'me not understanding this part of Roberto Scandura's tutorial, i need more details.

Thanks a lot to all.
Date: September 06, 2008 01:42AM
Posted by: ro4die
somebody here?
Date: September 06, 2008 02:58AM
Posted by: Zieli
Have a look here

[www.waa63.ch]

track editing information center

you will find many additional information about track editing,
including special tutorials for scenery and objects
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy