GP3 World Series - a new concept!

Posted by Anonymous User 
GP3 World Series - a new concept!
Date: June 24, 2008 12:48PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
OK guys, Dario has ask if there is a another league, where he could drive. I was answer, that I could maybe open a new one. And I think, it's time to ask, if there are many guys who are interested to drive in a new league. It would be a nice idea, when we use a real carset like the 1997 season carset, where the drivers can choose a team, which was a part of the 1997 F1 Season. For example, I choose a williams seat, then I drive for williams.

But enough, now I want only some answers from you, if you are interested in a new league. :)
Re: GP3 World Series - a new concept!
Date: June 24, 2008 01:03PM
Posted by: X_Acto
OK! I'm interested!

Save a spot for me in the 2nd Williams... :)

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: June 24, 2008 01:22PM
Posted by: VilkkuFM
I'm interested!

Doesn't matter what car, i'm fastest anyway ;) If i have to say now team, 1st seat in Mclaren.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2008 03:20PM by VilkkuFM.
Date: June 24, 2008 03:12PM
Posted by: ipswich2007
im interested i call irvines ferrari!
Date: June 24, 2008 04:34PM
Posted by: Rod_vs
OK, I need a satisfaction, but I won't run this... I'm terrible running and my game crashes with rain...

It's a great idea and I want to run, but only when I buy a better PC...

Good luck for all!!

PS: I suggest a fictional carset for you!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Date: June 24, 2008 05:18PM
Posted by: mazza369.
I'll take the no.1 Bennetton please! I'm the best at GP3, i just haven't had the chance to pit my skills against anyone yet!
Date: June 24, 2008 06:25PM
oh looks like, that there are some guys, who are interested. Nice!

Well, about rules and that stuff, I should write down the things in the next days and publish them. But I can already say, a season would have 10-12 Races. A Qualifying session and a quick race session (10-15%).

Ah, about the carset. That was only a example. I think, a vote which season which we use, would be better ( would be thankful, when we use a season from 1996-2003). Also a track voting would be a nice. :)

But we could also use a own season set with own cars, but I think, it would be better, when everybody choose a real-team like Ferrari, Williams or McLaren.

About me, I would be only the race director, who check the files for legal quality and publish them. Also I build a website.

Ah, and off course, we should find a nice league name. Maybe F1 World Series or something like that.

But now again, it's your turn about more proposals. :)
Date: June 24, 2008 06:49PM
Posted by: VilkkuFM
Sounds great, but i drive always too fast and crash after ten laps :D
Date: June 24, 2008 06:58PM
OK guys, I'm already finished with the rules. A bit long and many thinks are copied from F1WGP3L, but that have a reason, because this league had fantastic rules. I have only edit some points.

And now discuss about that.

Rotty schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
1. Joining the league
a. Anyone who is interested may join.
- Look, which team have a free seat. .
- Write to the admin a e-mail or a private message on grandprixgames.org, that you want join a team.

2. Technical regulations
a. Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 3 with:
1.1 v1.13 patch installed...
1.2 ...and use the decrypted exe.
1.3 GPxPatch v3.82 or higher can be used,
1.4 as well as the physics set,
1.5 and the performance file.
1.6 All driving aids may be used with the exception of F4 (indestructible).
1.7 Use our season carshape.
1.8 Set the random seed in GPxPatch to 59,15031,34356,59,15031,34356.
1.9 Tracks must be set in championship order. For example round 01 must be in slot 01 under the GPxTrack tab in GPxPatch, round 02 will be in slot 02 etc.
1.10 In car setup changes must be disabled.
1.11 Set weather to custom and 0% unless it is stated otherwise in the forum.
1.12 Set possible car failures to none.

See here how to setup GPxPatch with the League settings.

(b) Failure to meet any of these 'technical regulations', with the exception of point 1.12, will result in disqualification with no right to appeal.

b. Carsets,
1.1 One carset will be used allowing 22 total participants in a race weekend.

1.2 Carsets which will be distributed by the League may not be altered.
(a) Changes to carsets must have the approval of the League Admins. Upon authorization, carsets will be updated on the official site for download.

1.3 Performance values and horsepower values may not be altered. If a file indicates a higher value over 800hp, it will result in disqualification with no right to appeal.
(a) Horsepower figures: 800hp qualifying and race. Failure probability 0%.
(b) Performance figures: 16000 qualifying and 16100 race. Range 0.

3. Sporting regulations
a. The Race Weekend,
1.1 Time table:
Monday – Carsets and Performance Files available for download.
1. Sunday (23:59 GMT) - Qualifying deadline
2. Sunday (23:59 GMT) - Race deadline

1.2 ** For quickraces (Sprint and Feature), use the following random seed: 59,15031,34356,59,15031,34356 unless otherwise stated in the forum.

1.3 Qualifying for Feature Race,
(a) A Hotlap to be done in Unlimited Practice mode. No other cars are allowed during your Qualifying session, and could result in a penalty decided by the League Admins.
(b) A Hotlap of your fastest lap is to be sent in by 23:59 GMT on schedueled date (Sunday), failure to do so will result in starting from 22nd on the grid.
(c) In the event of two drivers having the same fastest lap time, the driver with the fastest 1st sector time will take the better position. If these are also the same the lap that was sent in earliest will get the higher grid position.
(d) A total of 22 qualifiers will be allowed to race in the Race.

1.4 Feature Race - quickrace at 15%.
(a) 15% distance can be set in GPxPatch.
(b)
2.1 Position must be set to what was achieved in Qualifying.
2.2 Upon completion of the Feature Race, the game (quickrace) MUST be saved immediately. A Hotlap of the fastest lap should also be saved. These two files will have to be sent in.
**Tip: Save your fastest lap at your pitstop, failure to do so will mean that after your pitstop any laps before your pitstop will be lost, and only the laps after your pitstop will showup to be saved, that’s if your fastest lap of your Feature Race was set before your pitstop.
2.3 Drivers who use a lower grid position in the Race (determined from the Qualifying results), will be given a 0.5 second penalty for every subsequent grid slot, for example, if your correct grid slot achieved was 3rd, and you started from 12th instead, the penalty would be 4.5 seconds. NO exceptions will be made to any driver who was unable to start their Feature Race from their correct grid positions (determined from the Qualifying results), and will have to accept any penalties given.
2.4 Drivers who use a higher grid position in the Feature Race (determined from the Qualifying results), will incur a 30 second penalty to their overall time.
2.5 Files must be sent in before 23:59 GMT on scheduled date (Tuesday). Failure to submit files by the deadline means you won't be included in the results.
2.6 Saving during the Race isn’t allowed. All subsequent saves will incur a 2 second penalty per save.
2.7 Saved Games and Hotlaps will be checked!
(a) HofxLap will be used to check files.
(b) Saved Game and Hotlap file names must use the following format:
driver_track_session_time
eg.
pm_ricard_qual_1-32-800
2.8 Points system
(a) The following is a list of how points will be awarded:
(i) Qualifying
Pole-Position: 1 point

(ii) Feature Race,
1st: 10 pts
2nd: 6 pts
3rd: 4 pts
4th: 3 pts
5th: 2 pts
6th: 1 pts

Fastest Lap: 1 point

(b) Drivers who complete 2/3 of the race distance will be classified and hence eligible to score points. To make it easier to complete the full distance it is recommended that you do not use failures, remember many points are at stake.
(c) In the event that two drivers have identical finishing times, they will both be awarded the same points while still being classified as, for example, 5th and 6th.
2.9 Cheating
(a)
(i) Anyone caught cheating will receive a warning and have points deducted at the discretion of the League Admins - a second offense will result in a three-race ban. The third offence will mean expulsion from the League.
(ii) Any Qualifying laps found to transgress the rules will result in the driver starting from 22nd on the grid.
(b) Chicane cutting is not allowed. If a file suggests that there was, or if the Hotlap clearly shows it, the League Admins will discuss with team owners on possible punishment for the offense (due to the fact that chicane cutting can be minor or extreme), a rough guide to what is and is not allowed in regards to chicanes can be viewed here.
(c) Slipstreaming is allowed as long as it's not constantly pushing the car in front along in order to stay in the slipstream longer.

4. Championship
(a) The championship calendar will consist of 12 rounds, which is made up of 12 Qualifying sessions and 12 Races. Track selection for the calendar is done with a selection of tracks from each continent (by the League Admins and suggestions from the drivers) and then put in a poll whereby the drivers vote for their 12 tracks. The 12 most voted for tracks will then be used for the calendar. The 12 chosen tracks will then be verified by the League Admins for suitability. If any of the 12 tracks are unsuitable to be used, a replacement will be used according to the votes achieved from that continent.
(b)
1.1 There will be a championship for drivers (overall) and constructors.
1.2 If there is a tie in any of the championship categories, the championship winner will be declared by the amount of victories achieved during the season.
1.3 During the season one round will have changeable weather conditions and one round will have 100% wet conditions, which will be announced before the season start.

5. Where to send files, and other information
(a) Carset files and other related items should be sent to (will be follow later)
(b) All race files should be zipped and submitted using the upload form. If you have any problems uploading files send it to the email address listed above and PM one of the League Admins listed in the contact section
(i) Filenames should be in the following format:
driver_track_session_time
eg.
pm_ricard_qual_1-32-800
(ii) Always make sure when using the upload system that you double check to make sure your file has uploaded and in the correct section, it is YOUR responsibility!

6. Rule application
a. Rules,
(i) ALL the rules will be enforced by the League Admins.
(ii) Rules may be amended at short notice if it is deemed necessary to maintain equality for all competitors.
Date: June 24, 2008 07:21PM
Posted by: NeoLiot
i'm interested... but still confused... i never did a hotlap before (always played alone)... can you explain better?

thanks in advance...

-------------------------------------------
Date: June 24, 2008 08:53PM
well, you drive a quick lap in the free practice mode. Right after you drive a time, you switch with ESC to the menue and go to save > save hotlap. That's it.
Date: June 24, 2008 10:00PM
then i send it to you... but what about the race?

Date: June 24, 2008 10:17PM
it's almost the same. You drive your race and after you have pass the last lap, you go with ESC to your menue and goes to save > save session + save > hotlap and there you choose your fastest lap.
Date: June 24, 2008 11:06PM
Posted by: Gaulty
I wouldn't mind helping you run this thing. Y'know, in case of disputes, extra pair of hands (and mainly cos I don't have GP3)

Proposed Point System

12 points - 1st
10 - 2nd
8 - 3rd
7 - 4th
6 - 5th
5 - 6th
4 - 7th
3 - 8th
2 - 9th
1 - 10th

1 Extra point for quickest qualification and fastest lap during race.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2008 11:12PM by Gaulty.
Date: June 25, 2008 01:24AM
ok then... count me in... so i can show everyone how slow i am...!!!

Date: June 25, 2008 04:34AM
Posted by: vbc
Wow! a new GP3 offline league, that sounds interesting as always but I can not confirm I can join yet.

Thanks GP3Hotlaps
Date: June 25, 2008 07:25PM
well, looks like, that the idea works!

I think, first we should vote, which F1 Season we should use :)
Date: June 25, 2008 08:02PM
we should start back in the 80's

Date: June 26, 2008 03:21AM
Posted by: bender
Sorry for the silly question, but how do you ensure that the AI drivers are providing the same level of competition to each human driver?

Is this what the "seed" option sin GpX is for?
Date: June 26, 2008 05:05AM
Posted by: Rod_vs
I think Florian will post here the "official" link for carset, track and others (same for all)...

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy