Crashes when loading hotlap?

Posted by fletch_ytfc 
Crashes when loading hotlap?
Date: June 16, 2008 01:05AM
Posted by: fletch_ytfc
I've got GrandPrix3 (nocd decrypted version) and using Gp3edit have got a 1987 carset going on (many thanks to JackiMatra) and I'm also using gpxpatch3.92.

My problem is my game crashes when I try viewing a hotlap? Has anyone else had this problem and what did they do to solve it?

I've tried loading the game with the disc and it still had the same problem. I tried loading the game with a different carset and it still crashed when loading hotlap so I don't think it's the carset? I tried loading it without the gpxpatch shortcut and it still did the same!

Would greatly appreciate any help anyone could give me
P.S. Couldn't fix my resolution problem so I've dusted off my CRT!!

Regards,
Fletch
Re: Crashes when loading hotlap?
Date: June 16, 2008 03:18AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
If you're on XP, this is a game bug and hasn't been fixed at all. If you're on 98, it shouldn't happen...

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: June 16, 2008 10:55AM
Posted by: holemad
Hi,

I believe its because the dat-file in the hotlap is not the same as in your circuits directory.
If you downloaded the hotlap, that probably is the case;
try to find the appropriate dat-file.

Make a hotlap by yourself and try to load this into the game : it should work fine.

grtz

Dirk
Date: June 16, 2008 11:26AM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
The same problem for me with Windows 200: impossible to load and reviwe a singol hotlap (not downloaded, but done by myself).
For what i know, it's a bug of the game (developed for win98, remember) not solved yet.
Bye.
Date: June 16, 2008 08:42PM
Posted by: fletch_ytfc
I am running it on XP and it was my own hotlap. If there isn't a patch that I can use to solve this problem and it's a known problem - has anyone tried making a program to view hotlaps cos I'd love to watch the hotlaps especially with the '87 carset!!
Date: June 16, 2008 09:51PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Only thing to suggest is a VM with '98 and GP3.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: June 22, 2008 12:03AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
As has been explained, hotlaps will not replay under WinXP.

However, the addon GP3Video utility and the stock GP3-2k replay function both work just fine under WinXP. You can record up to two hours with GP3Video in GP3, or up to 90 minutes in GP3-2k.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy