Coming soon

Posted by savinaclaudio 
Coming soon
Date: May 30, 2008 09:57AM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Hi people.
Coming soon, other fixed tracks:

- Portland (no chicane version, 'cause the chicaned one has a graphic bug entering the pit i'm not able to solve now, any help welcome).
What's new: added fence extensions, a few updated ads, new red&blue kerbs, new MD file.

- Watkins Glen: only graphic update for ads, as the tarck is the same from 80s to nowadays

- Houston (Convention Centre version): fixed flashing textures, added new fence extension, completed the pit building (mixing the origin one with a night version)

- Toronto and Vancouver: fixed flashings, added fence extension, fixed pitlane and scenery

- Downtown Miami (by the Smoking Pen): fixed a few flashing textures, added new tyre-barriers

- Mexico City: fixed graphics (added a missing part oh the standing), updated kerbs and ads to fit with today version; fixed a prblem of really heavy bump in the last corner and in the main straight.

I will give full credits to the authors of the original tracks.
Re: Coming soon
Date: May 30, 2008 10:28AM
Posted by: quickslick
great news from you, thank you :)
Date: May 30, 2008 11:34AM
Posted by: R_Scandura
i have a blank layout of houston (google earth). if you feel to complete it i can pass it to you. also a reduced portland somewhere because i remember was longer than the real. need to search them

-------------------------------
Date: May 30, 2008 11:52AM
Take your time, man.
About Houston, well i don't think i will be able to make a track from biginning, at the moment i am specializing in fixing :-)
Date: May 30, 2008 12:58PM
Posted by: drafi5
Thank you very much, Claudio, I am looking forward to it.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: May 30, 2008 08:39PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Oh my god! So much great Tracks will be updated finally! Woo-Hoo!!!

Portland... what a wonderful track! :)
Date: May 31, 2008 04:32PM
Posted by: Rod_vs
Please, a better version of Laguna Seca!!!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Date: May 31, 2008 07:15PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
exactly, Laguna Seca would be also nice!
Date: June 01, 2008 09:07AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
I'll add a vote for a much needed better Laguna Seca.

Easily the best and most accurate simracing Laguna Seca track was the one in the original Superbike 2001 PC game, that was first converted to Sports Car GT, and then to other EA F1 games. (If anyone wants to have a look at it.)
Date: June 01, 2008 03:28PM
About Laguna Seca.
What do you mean for a better version?
If you mean a graphic update (new ads, new kerbs...) it is quite easy.
But if you mean an updated layout, cc-line, objects... well, i think i'm not enough expert to do it.
I have made a fix, but only for first corner CC problem.
Let me know.
Claudio
Date: June 01, 2008 04:50PM
Any improvement would be good.

Best of all, of course, would be a completely new track, whose layout and appearance was as good as the SBK2k1 track that I referred to above.

The biggest problem with the GP3 converted from GP2 Laguna Seca track is the corner where the track turns left to head uphill to the Corkscrew, where the AI regularly run off the track.

Graphically, besides the inaccurate adverts and wrongly textured kerbs, the track could really use a few more billboards (such as at the top of the Corkscrew), and assorted other objects. (At least one bridge, after the Corkscrew, is very conspicuously absent.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2008 04:54PM by JackiMatra.
Date: June 01, 2008 05:17PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
i have laguna in SCAR and TRD3 and maybe a tape from motogp. i seem to remember the layout wasnt correct in some points. i could make an update but my archive is totally messed. i lost many files probably all as the recovered jams are blurred and look like scratched :(

-------------------------------
Date: June 01, 2008 05:19PM
Posted by: Rod_vs
Laguna Seca needs a graphic update. Speccialy because Laguna Seca don't have grass... and GP3 version contains grass!!!

I think it needs to be a complete update, because LS contains some JAMs for original GP3 tracks... it's so difficult to better new graphics, it could changes other tracks!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Date: June 02, 2008 11:10AM
JackiMatra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any improvement would be good.

> The biggest problem with the GP3 converted from
> GP2 Laguna Seca track is the corner where the
> track turns left to head uphill to the Corkscrew,
> where the AI regularly run off the track.

Hi. If you mean the first left corner of the track (turn n.1) i solved it adding a cc couching command. If you want i can send to you the .dat file.
For the grass, yes, Laguna Seca has send: i will try to correct it.
Bye.
Date: June 02, 2008 12:14PM
No, not the Andretti hairpin.

Turn 5, the turn prior to the Corkscrew.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy