lapping cars

Posted by robafc47 
lapping cars
Date: May 26, 2008 07:37PM
Posted by: robafc47
why dont cars move out the way when you are coming round to lap them, difficulty overtaking back markers often causes me to lose a race. Also why is there no safety cars or red flags? and why do CPUs not pit when they get a problem?
Re: lapping cars
Date: May 26, 2008 11:07PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
1."why dont cars move out the way when you are coming round to lap them, difficulty overtaking back markers often causes me to lose a race."

They do. In fact, the GPx games are the only ones where this occurs, that I am aware of.
(Are you expecting them to drive completely off the track for you?)

2."why is there no safety cars or red flags?"

Because that is how the game was made.
The lack of a safety car is something that is common to all F1 PC games that I am aware of.

3."why do CPUs not pit when they get a problem?"

It depends upon the problem.
Generally if the can make it around to the pits, they do. Otherwise they pull of the track and park.
The exception seems to be engine related problems, when they just continue racing until their engine blows up and then they finally pull off the track eventually and park.
You'll have to ask the game developers why they chose to do this.
Date: May 27, 2008 09:37AM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
i totally agreed with JackiMatra.
About lapping cars, i noticed that it depends upon what "hard" you try to overtake them: if you try a soft overtake, hoping they just make you pass, sometimes they close the corner like they didn't see you in the mirrors.
Therefore, i think there is always a matter of random value (as for other issues in the game): so sometimes the CC just make you pass, and sometimes you almost have to put them out of the track to lap. This makes the game more funny.
Claudio
Date: May 27, 2008 04:22PM
Posted by: RRRReméééédiooo
savinaclaudio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sometimes the CC just make you pass, and sometimes
> you almost have to put them out of the track to
> lap. This makes the game more funny.
> Claudio

Or not...lol
Date: May 27, 2008 05:12PM
Well, ok. Sometimes it happened to me too: a very good race ruined by a CC donkey who wanted not to be lapped (and spoiling a lot of time trying to pass him...) :(
But these are races...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2008 05:51PM by savinaclaudio.
Date: May 30, 2008 11:17AM
Posted by: badger27
I've found my car has been forced to take a different line around a corner, with the intention of letting me go round. Problem is, it makes me go round the outside.

The computer basically decides when it is good to pass backmarkers. It also decides how you should do it, which has in some cases led to me crashing with the other car trying to take the best line.

Williams' Wonders: Jones, K.Rosberg, Piquet, Mansell, Prost, Senna, Hill, Villeneuve, .....?
Date: May 30, 2008 11:50AM
I still think it makes the game exciting, giving a bit of "you never know" sensation :-)
Date: May 31, 2008 01:37AM
Posted by: bigears
It is always a challenge to overtake a backmarker like in the old days, they won't budge and you have to work for it to overtake it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: May 31, 2008 01:53PM
Posted by: X_Acto
Lapping cars is one of the best things that GP3 have.

-----------------------------------------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy