Tyre degradation

Posted by Elliux 
Tyre degradation
Date: May 23, 2008 12:55PM
Posted by: Elliux
Hi everybody, i've recently re-installed GP3 and I was wondering if it's possible to modify the tyre degradation model of the game in a way that once the car gets lighter on fuel, you can set faster times even with used tyres, in the same way as it appens in Formula 1 in those years.

At the moment with my GP3 the exact opposite appens: you can set a fast laps on a heavy car with new tyres, but non with a light car and used tyres.

Probably simply decreasing the degradation factor of the tyres would be enough, but i've got no clue on how to do this... can you help me?
Re: Tyre degradation
Date: May 23, 2008 02:12PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
try with this in the magicdata of the tracks. here seems to work fine for the fights before to pitstops

9000 ; cc shuffler???

-------------------------------
Date: May 23, 2008 03:38PM
thanks for you reply, I tried that but sadly that really didn't helped a lot, but inside the magic data file (original australia track) i found this line:

17000 ; tyre wear

maybe playing with this field will improve things.... i'll try and let you know.
Date: May 23, 2008 04:24PM
so i took a bit of a radical approach and put 0 on that field.... looks like it worked when i tried a single player test: i could keep a very quick pace all through a 20 laps stint being able to improve the time almost every lap.

Sadly though, it didn't work as well for the computer controlled cars: i setted up an AI only race at the same track and as usual they end up setting the fastest time on the second lap and then become unable to improve that during their stint.... :( :(

I'm a bit of a noob concerning magic data files... so my question is: does they apply only to the player controlled cars or they should influence also the AI ones?
And so, how can i make this possible?
Date: May 23, 2008 05:20PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Hi guys.
For what i know (and i have experienced) tyre wear affects only human driver: CC tyre wear is in some way automatically calculated.
As Roberto Scandura (ah, Roberto Scandura!) said the value CC shuffler helps you to have good time even with ruined tyres; but, this is my impression, the "game" is set to reproduce the tyres degradation of 1998 (by the way, if you read the book of Alessandro Zanardi, he says just this: when he came back in F1 in 1999, new tyres gave you a great second lap, but then only degradation; he says about 0.500 lap time increased in a few laps, 'cause tyres grip decreased very very quickly), this is why of the laptime.
At the moment, i haven't yet found a way (different from modifying CC shuffler) to get what you (and many others, and me) are looking for.
In general, in MD some values affects both CC and human, some only one of them.
Hope this can help you.
Date: May 23, 2008 05:36PM
Ok, thanks for your help guys, i will try the same thing with GP4 to see if in the newer version the tyre model has changed :)
Date: May 23, 2008 05:45PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
in my fictional season i use the concept of the feature race. in a recent race i pitted several laps later then the leader and he fell in pain while i bumped on his a$$. At the same way another driver from the middle pitted later jumped several positions.

I noticed that the effect of the cc-shuffler is more noticeable as higher is the pit window because after the pistop there are 2-3 rocket-laps due to fresh tyres so you dont gain that much like expected from real life.
Also 9000 seems a sort of higher end because increasing more this value you'll see lower cars setting some fastest laps during the race.

happy testing :)

-------------------------------
Date: May 23, 2008 08:43PM
Posted by: belini
9000 ; cc shuffler??? is an old description that I used as it was very early
days in trying to understand the magic, it's still a bit unclear what it does
but it's more likely to be a value that increases the random grip factor for
the ai for both race and qualifying.

the belini tracks solve the tyre problem as long as you use the grip patch,
gp32k only.

pk

Date: May 24, 2008 11:47AM
gp32k only? that's a shame really, since i don't own the 2k game :(

there are no versions of your tracks for GP4?
Date: May 24, 2008 04:01PM
Posted by: RRRReméééédiooo
Download Mario's (Supersonic) season packs and use it's magic data files as a base for your owns.

By the way, using tyre compound 55 with higher fuel loads and fuel comsumptions always gives good results.
Date: May 24, 2008 04:22PM
ok, i'll try, thank you! :)
Date: May 24, 2008 06:40PM
Posted by: Brianf666
I have juggled with car balance quite a bit to emulate the Williams instability last year. Then I had best laps on 3, 4 or later. When I tweaked the MD tyre wear I got it about right with fastest being on low fuel and worn tyres. The difference was around 1/2 sec a lap compared with lap 3. This year the Williams is much better balanced but I'm struggling to get tyre wear back to something realistic as it has reverted to 'going off' after a few laps, in some tracks, quite dramatically, like 2 - 3 sec a lap after 4 or 5 laps. Here we go again now that I've got the game running well at last on the new PC.
I will try to post something when (if?) I crack it.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy