OT: Central Alignment

Posted by _Alex_ 
OT: Central Alignment
Date: June 28, 2002 08:23AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Since this new forum was established, I've had the central alignment of texts in posts - I've got used to it now and I like it. But for no apparent reason, about ten minutes ago, it just suddenly snapped back to the old alignment on the left. I didn't change anything, have one of the admins changed it? It's a bit annoying because now I think the left alignment looks crap - everyone's personalised signatures (including mine!) now look silly. Even the forum index has the F1, Gp3, Gp3-German and Gp4 links are aligned down the left and it looks ridiculous! Is there any way to change it back to the central alignment?

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Re: OT: Central Alignment
Date: June 28, 2002 08:31AM
Posted by: bazza
That just happened to me as well. I wondered if maybe I'd done something to my settings by running a few direct x tests, but apparently not. It was down the LHS in IE5 as well, but in IE6 it had changed to the RHS. It is quite annoying

Bazza

Date: June 28, 2002 09:50AM
Posted by: genesis
Yeah happened to everyone. I liked it when it was like this some 2 years ago, but I got used used to the central alignment. Bring back the central alignment!!!!
Date: June 28, 2002 09:54AM
Posted by: Morbid
LoL!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 28, 2002 10:35AM
Posted by: Larry
Is

this

better

:-p

Date: June 28, 2002 11:08AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Yes it is much better like this..and i just go used to it too :';(

Date: June 28, 2002 02:59PM
Posted by: Ellis
well the posts look ok but having the anmes and stuff over on the elft looks crap

why did it change?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 28, 2002 07:01PM
Posted by: Zcott
They're always left-sided for me. I'm using Opera 6.03 on WinXP and I've never seen this centre-alignment!
Date: June 29, 2002 04:49AM
Hey Larry how long have you been back here? Are you the Canadian guy who skates around Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve and has poppies in his back yard?

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 29, 2002 08:27AM
You mean tulips. I guess I've just been busy working on this:

Date: June 29, 2002 09:09AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Larry, your Canada 2002 track is superb! The detail is just amazing. I think there is a problem with the exit of the pit lane (you get dragged onto the track, where the old pitlane went) but I can live with one small bug (just as well, or I wouldnt be playing gp3 ;)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: June 29, 2002 11:20AM
qwerty,

I assume you're using the keyboard as steering device, or plenty of steering help if you're using a wheel. I noticed in testing with the keyboard that it required a slight effort to stay in the pitlane while exiting the pit, which is rather odd since the AI cars stay centered in the pitlane. I found no command in the track editor that could somehow compensate for this but at least it's still driveable with a little concentration.

And thanks for the compliments. With GP4 out, I'm just glad there are still some GP3 players around to use the new track.

P.S. The SW version should appear soon. You SW guys have not been forgotten.

Date: June 29, 2002 02:48PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
OK, cheers Larry. I do use the keyboard, a brilliant deduction, Watson.

I'll be playing gp3 2000 until a get a new computer* (*never) so until then, are you making other tracks?

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: June 29, 2002 04:38PM
Not meaning to nitpick, Larry, but isn't there supposed to be a grandstand at the left of that picture?
Date: June 29, 2002 05:14PM
From this angle, that's what GP3's "wide angle lens" shows. Here is what it looks like from the reverse angle:

Download the track and you might see even more stuff. ;-)

Date: June 29, 2002 05:36PM
Oh yeah, and I'm not really planning on making other tracks though I wouldn't say never. The reason this one is so detailed is because I live near it. Most textures like the kerbs in the screenshot and almost all the adverts are made from digital photos that I took and tweaked into jams. I may take a break until a GP4 track editor is (hopefully) released. I might do the GP3 Montreal CART track though since the hardest part is already done.
I'll have to remove a few grandstands for the CART version, though. ;-)

Date: June 29, 2002 07:57PM
Sorry Larry, my fault. I thought there was a grandstand all the way up to the Cellier des Dauphins sign was, but I was wrong. Anyway, that track looks GREAT!
Date: June 29, 2002 10:31PM
Great musicians are such perfectionists. :P

Date: June 30, 2002 03:49AM
What do you play?

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 30, 2002 08:32AM
BTW, I was referring to Zcott because I would never call myself a great musician though I play the guitar. Zcott, I believe your instrument is the piano (keyboards) if I'm not mistaken.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy