Can't load GP3!!!

Posted by MrBlogg 
Can't load GP3!!!
Date: June 25, 2002 08:30AM
Posted by: MrBlogg
I've just installed GP3 on my laptop - (Dell Inspiron 8000 running Windows 2000 SP1, 128MB RAM, ATI M4 Mobility 128 8MB AGP graphics card with latest drivers, DirectX8.1) - and it won't start!

We have an identical laptop which GP3 does work on - the only differences are the applications that are installed on each machine for that short part of the day where we have to work! - and my tower PC, another Dell, running Win2K works fine also.

The full installation ran perfectly, but when I start the game I get the initial 'wheel' picture splash screen, followed by several seconds of inactivity then a few screen flickers later I'm back at my Windows desktop with no sign of a Formula 1 car!! I read something on the Microprose web site which mentioned this 'feature' but no real solution.

I have loaded the V1.13 patch from Microprose and still no joy.

I have tried:-
Turning off Norton Antivirus;
all settings of hardware acceleration;
all possible screen resolutions and colour depths;
all levels of game installation;
disabling all background tasks/applications.

I've yet to pour boiling acid over the laptop but that can't be far away!!

Any ideas would be welcome....

Thanks.
Re: Can't load GP3!!!
Date: June 25, 2002 09:04AM
Posted by: Vader
Reinstall Direct X and graphic cards drivers. D/l the patched no-Cd exe.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 26, 2002 12:49AM
Thanks Vader - I'd already tried that, now I've tried it again and still no joy!
Date: June 26, 2002 01:32AM
Posted by: Vader
I t might be that the 8MB of your GFX is not enough. I'm not quite sure, but could anbody please check if you need 16MB minimum? It should be in the readme file.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 26, 2002 02:44AM
Nah, not that either because we have an IDENTICAL laptop that works really well with excellent graphics quality.

The boiling acid approach is looking more apealing!!
Date: June 26, 2002 05:22AM
Posted by: chris
Nope. GP3 runs quite nicelt on a 8mb gfx card, 800*600 everything on.

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy