Posted by Henne 
Re: Video SEARCH
Date: June 25, 2002 04:08AM
Posted by: Henne
Can't seem to find it

Date: June 26, 2002 03:42AM
Alex? I don't know if you forgot it or not but would you plz send it to me??

P.s. I don't won't any more discussing please. I hope Alex wants to mail it

Date: June 26, 2002 04:08AM
Posted by: _Alex_
I forgot about this thread, sorry. I'll mail it to you. Personally I don't see what all the fuss is about. For a start, I don't think Hendrik was implying that he wanted to see the medical team working on Mika at the side of the track. If I had never seen the accident, then for sure I would want to see it to know what happened. We had the same sort of reaction with the Zanardi accident - people wanted to see what happened and they got shat on for a simple sense of curiosity. I totally understand where your coming from Vader, but I don't think you have to bite Hendrik's head off just for asking. It's a natural way, for humans to want to see such things as motor-racing crashes. I know it may sound sick but it's true, and it's not going to change. In this case, we know that Mika survived and went on to win two F1 world championships, so there really shouldn't be a problem.

It's on the way Hendrik.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 26, 2002 04:11AM
To get it clear: I have nothing against watching the crash

You might have got it clear at that point, but then you went and blurred it all again by saying things like...

What more do you learn fromit by looking at it? It is just quenching your craving for sensation, nothing else

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 26, 2002 06:06AM
Posted by: Vader

don't think Hendrik was implying that he wanted to see the medical team working on Mika at the side of the track

I believe that is exactly what he wanted. He said: Where they had to work on Mika on the track. That was what I thought was sick. I still do not belive that is natural for humans wanting to watch accidents. At least not in the civilized parts of the world.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 26, 2002 11:18AM
Posted by: Ellis
Sorry im on Vaders side

He did imply that he wanted the video with them working on Mika at the side of the track.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 26, 2002 02:32PM
That was to make clear what chrash of Mika. I did not want to see that the team was working on him. Not at all. Its like Alex says

Date: June 26, 2002 03:14PM
Posted by: genesis
hmm Vader I think you are wrong. A lot of people are intrigued about major accidents, and do like to watch them. I don't know what it is in people, but it is a subconcious fascination. Once again, I think it is slightly off of people that don't agree with something on here to interfere if they don't intend on helping out the person asking for advice.
Date: June 26, 2002 03:27PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Cai, I completely agree that people are intrigued about major accidents. After Zanardi had his crash, I saw pictures in the papers and F1 Mags afterwards and really wanted to see what happened, and how it happened. This is not to say that I am some kind of depraved sadist, merely that I have a curiosity.

I downloaded the Senna crash and have spent hours watching that piece of footage over and over again. Why you may ask.... Because I studied the video frame by frame in order to draw my own conclusions, so that I can give my opinion on what happened in a forum thread. As it turned out, my comments on this incident were highly regarded by people who had alternative views.

If the purpose of seeing Mika's crash is purely to see a guy nearly lose his life (and it has been made quite clear that this is not the case) then it would be sick. Sadly there are some people out there who are into this kind of thing, and it is a shame that the rest of us get labelled in the same category when the intentions are so far removed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: June 27, 2002 02:14AM
Well I have it but I can't see it. Do I need Windows Media Player my DivX can't show it

Date: June 27, 2002 02:21AM
Posted by: Vader
Just because people are people are intrigued about major accidents does not mean that this behaviour is right - just like a million supporters do not turn a dictator into a messiah. On the contrary - it is quite secondary what the people do or believe. Truth - and thus the essential nature of "Good" in general - is no subject to negotiation. Truth does not care about opinions and personal point of views. What really counts is if a deed meets the demands of what is generally and neccessarily true and good. And don't say, 'There is nothing like good or true, it's all up to us'. Just because you cannot percieve the truth does not mean there is no. If there is no absolute truth, the sentence, 'There is no truth' cannot have any truth as well. Arguing against truth does always lead to this paradox, so we might as well let it be.
But how do you know what is true or good? Morbid will certainly laugh now, but the best afford was done by Immanuel Kant and formulated in his categorical imperative. Since it is categorical it always applies to all situation everywhere at any time. One of its formulations is:

Act in such a way that you always treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of any other, never simply as a means, but always at the same time as an end.

Watching people suffer - for what reason ever, may it be curiosity or the strange desire to learn something - does let these poor creatures be simply means and no ends. Violating the principle of goodness, however, means that you violate your own nature (the logical, not the empirical or biological meaning of the term), since this fundamental principle is immanent to your human essence. In other words, being intrigued to watch these things does reduce you to the state of an animal, even worse, since you delibeartely violate your own nature.

Besides what will you learn? Do you lack the ability of abstract perception? Do you have to plug a screwdriver into the socket to learn that electricity can kill? Do you have to shoot people to see what it's like when they drop dead? I said it before: a man in a racing car spins and hits a barrier at high speed. He gets severely hurt. That's all. What more do you learn from it by looking at it?(/i)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 27, 2002 04:58AM
Hendrick it will only run in Windows Media Player or Quicktime.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy