Game crashes back to desktop

Posted by Racer#73 
Game crashes back to desktop
Date: February 27, 2008 03:51AM
Posted by: Racer#73
Hi everyone. I've been playing in the Hungaroring track made by Cesc, but during the race the game crashes back to desktop.

Sometimes during the practice sessions I had that same problem. But I made a 15min and a 30min qualifying sessions without any problem, plus warm up. Now during the race the crashes in some specific times like when 5/6 laps into the race, the race has its first DNF and the game crashes back to desktop. It also already happened when I spun or crashed in the first lap. I run the GpxPatch in high verbosity.

Does anyone might have an idea why this happens and what do I have to do to fix it?

Thanks. Cheers
Re: Game crashes back to desktop
Date: February 27, 2008 10:12AM
Posted by: holemad
hi racer73, is it the software version that I made a few weeks a go?
If yes : I haven't had any problems so far, but maybe you can tell me where on the track it happens? It could be a certain jam that is causing the bug.

grtz
Dirk
Date: February 27, 2008 10:24AM
Posted by: drafi5
Major Tom made a fix for that track, you can get it here:
[http://drafi5.bplaced.net/] in the "Misc" section.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2008 10:47AM by drafi5.
Date: February 28, 2008 03:35AM
Posted by: Racer#73
Holemad, I downloaded the track from the old downloads sections. And it doesn't happen always at the same point of the track.

Actually, it's an odd problem, because I just managed to finish a 25% race, but while I was doing a 50% race, the game crashed 5 laps from the end.

I'll try the fixed version that I got in dafi's site. Thanks drafi.

Thanks to you all for the help

Cheers
Date: March 19, 2008 02:39PM
Posted by: MarkWS
Whenever I have had this problem it has always been with the carset. Try and old carset that works to eliminate that!!
Date: March 20, 2008 09:26AM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
To MarcWS.
Hi. What kind of problems could the carset have to make gp3 crash? I mean, what issue (cockpit, performance, car...)?
CLaudio.
Date: March 21, 2008 10:00AM
Posted by: Krizza™
Hi guys...I have the same problem with crash

gp3 1.13 crash in all circuit update or downloading...in the original tracks the game work fine... i read in this topic that possible cause is carset but i tried many carset and the game crash howewer...there is a solution for that?

sorry for my english,i'm italian :)
Date: March 21, 2008 10:33AM
Posted by: Brianf666
If you run WinXP in '98 emulation and have SP2 installed, many tracks will fail due to a graphical problem between the track and Windows. Open the .dat file in Paul Hoad's Track editor and zero the values in 0xc5 and 0xc6 which are to do with distant objects. I find I have to do this with most tracks. BTW there's no advantage in running debug mode in high verbosity as it can only add to the workload.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: March 21, 2008 10:48AM
i'll try when back home,thanks

1.13 run in 98emulation or not?
Date: March 21, 2008 12:17PM
i modify all 0xc5 and 0xc6 data to 0 but in some tracks i not find 0xc5 and 0xc6 like melbourne...it's a problem or not? because for example melbourne is one of the track that game not crash
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy