In what order for GP32K installation?

Posted by mortal 
In what order for GP32K installation?
Date: February 24, 2008 09:30AM
Posted by: mortal
Well, I've dusted off my GP3 and GP32K. It's been a while since they've seen the light of day. ;-)
So, a fresh install of GP3, followed by GP32K, then the GP32K decyrpyted no-cd exe, then the latest gpx-patch. Have I missed anything? It crashes on race start and exits to desktop.
I've got a dvd backup of a GP3-2K modded install with a heap of tracks and too much stuff that I put in to remember what's there, I could have loaded that in and it would probably work, but that's going to be a last resort as I'd really like to get a new install going. I'll use what's on the backup dvd for the tracks unless there's some new stuff around.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: In what order for GP32K installation?
Date: February 26, 2008 01:57PM
Posted by: tim3003
Try changing the verbosity of GpxPatch. That can affect whether errors crash the game. Also, if you have a new dual-core processor, try using CPU 0 or 1.

You're not installing GP3-2k on top of GP3 are you? They are totally separate and should be installed in different folders...

Tim
Date: February 27, 2008 10:52AM
Posted by: abrakain
So if you are fresh re-instaling GP3,
you can join our league........
Fun is guaranteed.........
www.f1gp3wc.altervista.org
Date: February 28, 2008 09:16AM
Posted by: mortal
>
> You're not installing GP3-2k on top of GP3 are
> you? They are totally separate and should be
> installed in different folders...
>
> Tim

Oops LOL :-) Back to the drawing board!
And I don't have time for a league sorry, I'm already managing the WGP-W300 in the GP4 forum and moderating this site ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2008 09:18AM by mortal.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy