GP3 or GP32k??

Posted by paultrim 
GP3 or GP32k??
Date: February 01, 2008 08:32AM
Posted by: paultrim
Hi all

just wondered what everyone is using GP3 or GP32k?

kind regards
paul
Re: GP3 or GP32k??
Date: February 01, 2008 10:54AM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Gp3 1.13 for me.
For what i know, Gp3 is easier to modify; Gp3 2k is a bit better about physic and has some implementation (as a better AI).
Anyway, I play with a Force Feedback wheel and pedals, and Gp3 gives me a lot of fun.
Claudio.
Date: February 01, 2008 01:24PM
Posted by: drafi5
GP3 1.13 AND GP32k, why only one ?

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: February 01, 2008 02:24PM
Posted by: Masterboy
Hello
I use GP3 1.13 because I do not have GP3 2000.
But I have reduces all 2007 tracks (and some of 1997-2006) by belini.
Have a lot of fun too.

Greeting from Austria
Date: February 06, 2008 11:42PM
Posted by: RRRReméééédiooo
GP32k has better racing, I think. And accepts more detailed tracks. But the differences are not that big.

I like GP32k more.
Date: February 07, 2008 03:33AM
Posted by: Rod_vs
GP32k... I can put different cars on the same team!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Date: February 07, 2008 05:51PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
And this is really a good feature, Rod!
Bye.
Date: February 07, 2008 08:01PM
Posted by: Brianf666
Its a tough call. GP3 seems easier to modify with tools like GP3Edit but 2k can be modded in all the same ways with a little bit more effort. 2k has bigger track handling, 7 gears, I think an extra circuit and different cars in a team. So I should use 2k but I still go to 1.13 for the simple fun of it. I think that effort of changing to 2k is too much for me unless I have a major crash and can't restore all my lovely 1.13 extra data files.
Just for the record, I tried GP4 and thought it clunky straight from the box. The downloads of tracks and cars is terrifying on dial-up and the game play is not noticeably better.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: February 07, 2008 08:12PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
2000 doesn't have 7 gears. I have seen you post that before and have no idea when you got that information from.

For me 2000 is much better - it just feels nicer in the cockpit, the menus are far more aesthetically pleasing, and modding is not a big problem for me. Sure, it is more time consuming unless you are lucky enough to stumble upon a specific package you want, but ultimately just as satisfying.

I think the one thing that makes me prefer 2000 over 1.13 is that when using the keyboard the throttle feed is more controlled. On 1.13 if you have TC off and step on the power you are almost instantly at max revs and spinning all over the place. 2000 improved this significantly.... sure, it make driving easier, but that isn't really my point, it just feels better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: February 07, 2008 09:53PM
Posted by: Brianf666
Oops! I tried out 2k immediately after trying GP4 which does have a 7 gear option. My mistake. Sorry guys.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: February 08, 2008 07:54AM
Posted by: Saih Pitu
Is their a guide on how to modify GP3 2k? I seem to remember trying to mod it years ago but not having much success. I've been using GP3 to run my 1980s seasons but I wouldn't mind switching to 2k instead if its not too hard.
Date: February 08, 2008 11:14AM
Posted by: paultrim
Hi Saih

Here is a link to a great file which gives you a good basis for editing etc but also try GPxPatch for GP3 2K it comes with a good readme file which can help.
If your donloading Belini tracks then the search button on the forum and belini read me file will give you some answers.

And another great way of getting info is from the great guys on this site who are always willing to give advice on any questions you have,

[www.grandprixgames.org]
GPxPatch read me
Belini read me file(tracks)

Its not easy as first but you will get it in the end.

kind regards
paul
Date: February 12, 2008 01:03AM
Posted by: Saih Pitu
Thank you for your suggestions, I will read through that guide and see if their is anything I have missed. Yes I already use GPxPatch, a great program. I was thinking more along the lines of what GP3edit does for GP3 but in GP3 2k
Date: February 12, 2008 06:09AM
Posted by: mcdo
GP3 Edit won't export to GP32K. In GP32K, use JamTool to change liveries. GP3Edit is useful for editing the performance files for both.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy