jam height reduced but still crashing?

Posted by paultrim 
jam height reduced but still crashing?
Date: January 26, 2008 06:19AM
Posted by: paultrim
Hi all

I had a problem in the pit lanes with no jam being displayed, I searched the forum guide and noticed that people were reducing the jam file size XX_pt.jam to 128 to allow it to be used.

I have done this but as the game loads it crashes just as the completion bar is 100% complete and about to put me in the car.

I changed the height on Jameditor and saved the original file. Is this correct/ is there another way I have to do this.

kind regards
paul
Re: jam height reduced but still crashing?
Date: January 26, 2008 09:08PM
Posted by: drafi5
@ Paul:
What game, 2000 or 1.13, what track(s) ???

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: January 26, 2008 10:39PM
Hi Drafi

It was all Belini tracks for GP3 2K. I have installed the updates (Genjams V3 & 3.1) and still the same, I noticed the height of the jams in the pitlane were 256 and read that that may cause the problem of a black patch in the pitlane. I reduced the height to 128 but now the game crashes as its about to start.

kind regards
paul
Date: January 27, 2008 12:01AM
Posted by: drafi5
So if I understand it right, the tracks crash with height 256 and 128,
did you try to use different carsets ?

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: January 27, 2008 04:24AM
Posted by: Fox
Hi,

the belini tracks v7.5 have a *_pt.jam in the fix dir.
You can copy the jam of one track, rename and replace the jam in another tracks.
Sample: Spa2007_pt.jam -> Suz2006_pt.jam.

Some tracks not use the jam on the last year dir. You need replace all _pt.jam.

Sorry my english.
Date: January 27, 2008 06:11AM
Hi all,

Thanks fox I'l try that and see how it goes,

Drafi, the track worked ok with 256 but the pitlane would be black, thats when I tried reducing the size to 128, it would keep crashing just before it put me in the car.
Would changing the carset make a difference??

When I change the height I am only changing the file that is relevent to the year(i.e 2007 Monza Mza2007_pt.jam) Do I need to change all the XXpt.jam files in the Monza folder??

I read somewhere on the forum that how you saved the height change would make a difference? Not sure what this means.
I open Jam editor and select Jam file XXpt.jam. I change the height then save the file(without changing the file name)I presume this is all that is neccessary?? I notice the file size drops from about 110kb to 65kb(est.) does this sound right.

Sorry to be a pain guys
kind regards
paul
Date: January 27, 2008 07:30AM
Posted by: RRRReméééédiooo
Seems like a problem with the new jams, so maybe the program is saving the file in software mode? I don't know if it's possible, but who knows.

If the problem is that, using the files Fox told you in the post above will solve the problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy