track editor problems

Posted by salvasirignano 
track editor problems
Date: January 22, 2008 03:26PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Hello there.
A while ago I downloaded Marc Aart's Laguna Seca track, (which is the only one I can find). Unfortunately there is a slight cc line bug which means maybe one car every lap will go off at the first corner (annoying when you're battling for the lead).
I downloaded Paul Hoad's track editor, and tried to change the line through that corner. (I am a track editing novice, and didn't completely understand the tutorials). Unfortunately, GP3 crashes when I try to load that track, TE refuses to open some .GP3 files, and any track that I have saved in TE crashes the game - even if I have opened a working track in TE, not changed a thing, then saved and used it in the game!
Surely this doesn't happen to everyone else? I would welcome any advice you may have as to why this may be happening? Is there another track editor I could use?
Thanks in anticipation,
Salvatore
Re: track editor problems
Date: January 22, 2008 03:29PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
have you tried to insert again the magicdata?

-------------------------------
Date: January 22, 2008 03:36PM
Thanks for your reply.
I'm guessing it is not acceptable simply to adjust the cc line by modifying a couple of values in one or two track sections and then save it. What do I need to do with the magic data then if I only want to change one corner of a track.
Do I need to modify things within the MD file with Cmagic?
Date: January 22, 2008 03:55PM
So the track I have saved needs me to insert magic data to make it work.
So if I want to edit a GP3 file do I need to get first get its magic data, edit the track sections in Track editor, save the new track as a .GP3 file and then reinsert the original magic data into the track file. Is that what to do?
Does the Track editor though not read in values from the magic data eg fuel consumption ,track grip etc and save it in the GP3 track file?
Could I solve the problem by reducing the AI driving error probability in the magic file instead?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2008 03:59PM by salvasirignano.
Date: January 22, 2008 06:41PM
Posted by: gareth
That is correct.

That is also correct.

As far as I know magic data contains more information than is able to editied in TE. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Changing the AI crash value could be a simpler way to fix the problem- try it out and let us know how you go!
Date: January 22, 2008 08:17PM
Thanks for your replies guys, will do.
Date: January 23, 2008 06:40AM
Posted by: tim3003
Hi,

A good way to manage changing the cc-line is to run a race with the original track, then save the game just as the cars get to the corner you want to change.

Then load your changed version of the track into the right slot (in GPxPatch), run GP3 and load your saved game. You can then re-start it at the corner you have changed. This will mean that if there are problems with the cc-line further round the lap (which usually happens with even a small change) you can still see if your change is okay at the corner in question. You might then have to work your way around the rest of the lap, checking for knock-on effects...

Tim
Date: January 23, 2008 07:02AM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Hi all. I had the same problem with Laguna Seca, i reduce it (not solved) reducing tha % af CC error in the MD file.
But it would be very very nice (and appreciated) if someone expert of TE (mmmm, i'm thinking, by chance, at you Roberto :-)...) would solve the cc line bug.
Happy life.
Claudio
Date: January 23, 2008 10:24AM
Thanks Tim for your suggestion.
I first did what savinaclaudio did and reduced the percentage of cc error to 1 in the md file, but then in quali 3 cars went off on their out laps within 30 seconds of each other...
I think I will have a crack at editing the cc line instead at the weekend, would be good for me to try to learn how to do it.
Unless anybody already has a modified cc line for that track? :D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2008 02:38AM by salvasirignano.
Date: January 23, 2008 11:45AM
As i said, i didn't solve but only reduce the problem.
But it is a bit strange: i mean, in other track (as Monterrey, solved by Roberto Scandura) the cc.line bug meant that every cc-car in every lap went out of the track in a corner; in Laguna Seca not all the cc-cars and not every lap; i simulated a full race and i have only 3-4 cars not arrived for that problem in the first corner. It seems just as it is a very difficoult corner. I don't know.
Anyway, if you solve it changing the cc-line, let me know...
Claudio.
Date: January 23, 2008 02:56PM
Posted by: RRRReméééédiooo
Remembre that if you change a ccline section, you'll have to do all the ccline after that section again.
Date: January 23, 2008 03:36PM
Posted by: tim3003
Hi,

I have just run a race with LagunaSeca_2000 without any problems. I have not touched the md. The cc-line looks fine to me and there were no CC car offs. Do you have Mark's GP3-2k version if you are running GP3-2k ?

Tim
Date: January 23, 2008 07:39PM
It's the 1.13 version I'm having problems with :(
Date: January 23, 2008 08:28PM
Could it be a 'car coaching' issue?

I don't fully understand what those commands do but they may have an effect?
Date: January 24, 2008 08:30AM
Gareth, you are right!
It seems that the problem is solved: i inserted in each sector of the track, from 14 to 25, the command ex95 car coaching right a1=0 a2=1 and no more cc-car errors (i tried in a few sessions, and no more problem).
Try guys and let me know.
Claudio.
Date: January 24, 2008 04:36PM
Excellent!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy