How to use downloads?

Posted by voja 
How to use downloads?
Date: January 15, 2008 08:31PM
Posted by: voja
Hello to all & sorry for opening a new topic about something that most of you already know.

I am not an "expert" for computers so I have a problem with using downloads for GP3. I wanted to try all these new tracks so I have downloaded them, but then I've realized that I don't know how to use them, or better to say how to implement those data into game.

Can somebody help & tell me what is the procedure, and which is the best place to download from.

Thank you very much

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2008 08:32PM by voja.
Re: How to use downloads?
Date: January 16, 2008 11:04AM
Posted by: jyceZZ9
Look at this adress :

[www.xs4all.nl]

You will find all the explanations
Date: January 16, 2008 11:07AM
Posted by: mcdo
Use the "FORUM RULES, GP3 FAQ And Installation Guide", which is stickied at the top of the Grand Prix 3 thread list. Also check the .txt files in the zips you've downloaded. Most of the downloads have one. They tell you where to copy and paste the folders that are inside the zips or what names to give folders if you need to create them and what files go in them.

I say 'copy and paste', because I always extract the zipped files outside of the GP3 folder, so if any files in the zips want to overwrite a default GP3/GP32000 file, you can make a copy of the original, for convenience.

The best place for downloads is GPG! There's more support on this site than any other.
Otherwise check out Roberto Scandura's site. Just Google his name. Track installation is a simple labour of love when you get the hang of it. Enjoy!
Date: January 16, 2008 09:33PM
Posted by: voja
Thanks guys for all the info you have provided me. I have downloaded GPx Patch & it works with some tracks like Mugelo, Sebring etc. :))))))))This is so great.

Unfortunately I've visited that topic here on the forum with all sorts of help, but all the links there are just leading to the home page of the GP web site.
As I have been getting into this I've seen that there is a possibility of using all these new tracks, but it is required to have that bellini ganjam v2 which I can't find anywhere. It would be a great thing if someone of you could upload that program/converter here on the forum or tell me what to do.

Thanks once again

p.s.
Here is the place where I have found all these new tracks, but I don't know what to do with the file afterwards
[old.grandprixgames.org]
Date: January 17, 2008 12:15PM
Posted by: mcdo
Belini's Genjams are in the newer download section with clear installation instructions included. Only Belini tracks require those jams. Whatever the links in the installation guide post once led to directly will be in the old download section. The guide was written well before the last site redesign. If you keep browsing the links on the old download page, you'll find everything you really need.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy