2007 physics file.

Posted by abdelkader 
2007 physics file.
Date: November 10, 2007 04:12PM
Posted by: abdelkader
Hi!

Is there any 2007 F-1 physics file on the Internet?

I am currently using the physics from 2006 F-1 season but I think there should be some 2007 physics update, even though driving style did not change much within last 12 months.

Re: 2007 physics file.
Date: November 12, 2007 03:28PM
Posted by: andrzej pilaszkiewicz
Hi, Przemek. Maybe this will help you :
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: November 12, 2007 03:46PM
Hi Andrzej :) The link you have provided me with concerns "performance" issue rather than "physics" issue.

What I am after is a small ".g3p" physics file which can be easily applied with GPxPatch.
Thanks for help, anyway. All the best

Date: November 20, 2007 10:01PM
Posted by: Brianf666
I have made my own g3p files since 2005. They have provided me with competitive racing and realistic lap times when used with my other settings from GP3Edit and the .md files I have worked on extensively. I'd happily upload them but they do only apply to MY settings so wouldn't give you the same sort of results unless you used all the other performance and track data I am using. The majority of my 2007 races have fastest laps within 0.2sec of those in the actual race.

I do have a half plan to get to some sort of standard 'performance' data for drivers and create the .MD's and .g3p files from that to make each race as close, competitive and yes, predictable as the real thing. i.e. my winners are liable to be in red or silver cars. The workload in doing this means that I may be able to do it for 2008 but there is no chance of doing the same for previous years. I'll start with a clean slate for the TC-less cars we'll be seeing during the next 2-3 months. Well that's the plan but no promises. Work, family and other things do get in the way of GP3 all too often.

If you guys are interested in helping share the load, drop me an email off-list.

Brian

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: November 20, 2007 10:14PM
Sounds pretty fine... Unfortunately, I have no the foggiest idea about editing the game's physics.
I am just kinda parasite who can only use the work of others. I see you are quite keen on this and I'd help, but I lack the abilities and the knowledge. :(

Date: November 21, 2007 11:22PM
Posted by: Brianf666
Oh the Advanced Physics Editor comes with a very nice help file that almost explains what everything does. Well it does explain but the inertia values of X,Y and Z once had me so confused that when I raced, the first time I hit another car I launched in to the air for about two minutes. Felt like bouncy tyres in almost zero gravity.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: November 22, 2007 12:52AM
Brianf666 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> when I raced, the first time I hit
> another car I launched in to the air for about two
> minutes. Felt like bouncy tyres in almost zero
> gravity.

Yeah...that's why I prefer to steer clear of messing with the game. Sometimes some unforeseen situations may occur. Just like your case.

I have read the help file of Advanced Physics Editor and it does explain almost everything, as you said. My problem is that I (not being a professional F-1 driver ;) ) don't ,in fact, know how the car actually reacts on a race-track. It's impossible for me to create a good physics file without knowing what it's like to drive an F-1 car. Therefore I admire those who can do this. I rely on their knowledge and instinct .

It would have been good if we had had some retired F-1 driver here, among us. Could've been a good source of information.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2007 12:57AM by abdelkader.
Date: November 22, 2007 08:12AM
Posted by: drafi5
I use the one by belini 2007_v7.gp3 and from GP4: mariano 2007 physic
v1.1.gp3 by Mariano Di Carlo, try them out.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: November 22, 2007 05:56PM
drafi5 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I use the one by belini 2007_v7.gp3 and from GP4:
> mariano 2007 physic
> v1.1.gp3 by Mariano Di Carlo, try them out.
>
> Happy racing from Germany !!!

That's interesting. You seem to have the stuff I need. Where can I get these files? If it isn't a problem, you could sent them to me. My e-mail address is in my profile.

Date: November 22, 2007 06:12PM
Posted by: drafi5
Please check your mail, Przemyslaw.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: November 22, 2007 08:14PM
Thank you Helmut :) I've got the files

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy