help

Posted by fubby 
help
Date: November 04, 2007 07:33PM
Posted by: fubby
ok, I don't undersand. I used to run gp3 on my 7 year old pc and it was fine. I just bought a new pc yesterday and the game seem to run really slow! I don't understand, the PC power is at least 10 time better than with my old machine>>>
Re: help
Date: November 10, 2007 10:01AM
ok people, I hadn't been ince I was well pissed off.
I just bought a new pc with these specs:
AMD Athlon 64 x2 processor 4000+
2GB RAM
NVIDIA 6150 SE GPU 128 MB dedicated memory.
IEEE 1394 firewire interface
Windows Vista.

I tried all the setting and still gp3 1.13 runs with a PO of more than 200%, when on my old pc it run fine, except with the belini,s track which were more demanding.

I am really stuck here, any help is welcome.
Date: November 10, 2007 04:56PM
Posted by: belini
check that your gforce has antialiasing and anistropic filtering
set to application control or off, virtical sync should be off

pk

Date: November 10, 2007 09:40PM
thanks paul, I tried it but without success, I can't really understand it, I re-installed everything, it is just bloody slow, I am almost tempted to open it up and change the graphic card with my old one (radeon).
What I would like to know is if it is only a graphic card problem, or maybe ere other setings interfearing with the game
Date: November 11, 2007 05:56PM
Posted by: tim3003
I have found using the 3d sound option in GPxpatch slows things down a lot, especially if you have old soundcard drivers. It may be worth updating them. I've also had probs with my Athlon 64 4200+, I think because it is dual-core. Gpxpatch allows you to select CPU 0 which seems to run okay, but may be slower?...
Date: November 12, 2007 01:53AM
Posted by: Made in Brazil
I have problems with races in rain...

i have a good pc too, but i canĀ“t understand what happens

other games more new no has problem...

Date: November 12, 2007 08:02PM
yep the 3D sound is de-selected, I will try your suggestion on CPU0 on gpxpatch.
Date: November 12, 2007 09:08PM
I think the problem is the graphic card. in the graphic settings I selected software 3D instead of the nvidia, and now the game uses really low PO, obviously the resolution is crap. How can it be possible that the nvidia graphic card takes so much PO, should I just change it with my old radeon?
Date: November 13, 2007 11:24AM
Posted by: harjinator
from my personal experience, NVidia cards started having problems with GP3 a good while ago, and i'm not entirely sure whether they've been sorted or not

there will be a way of getting it working, seeing as you're not getting what i would call the 'usual' NVidia bugs

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: November 13, 2007 08:25PM
I hope so, but honestly I have run out of ideas. All the settings now are as suggested, so basically I am stuck!
Date: November 14, 2007 12:09AM
Posted by: belini
maybe an idea to make a new post asking for help with vista,
I remember seeing some time ago that gp3 worked fine in vista

Date: March 29, 2008 11:21PM
Posted by: irishman
yeah I'm having this problem

really annoying

I've got a PO of like 900%!!?
Date: March 30, 2008 03:08AM
Posted by: mortal
Try running the executable in 98 emulation, right click the properties of the exe to set this mode.
GP3 seems to like Radeon better, don't know why though.
The original GP3 graphics are pretty tame compared to the hi-res updates out now. It is more cpu dependent than graphics dependent the way the game engine runs.
Do a search here GP3 Vista, it will run on it so don't give up. ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy