Help with calibrating wheel for GP3

Posted by Chappie 
Help with calibrating wheel for GP3
Date: June 13, 2002 04:47PM
Posted by: Chappie
Hello all,

I just picked up GP3 out of the local bargain bin in an effort to get ready for
GP4. Anyway, I cannot for the life of me get my MS steering wheel to calibrate correctly in game?? It is not force feedback. I'm running a PIII 900, 512ram, geforceII mx vid. card(latest drivers-29.xx) and a soundblaster 128 soundcard. My wheel is USB. Anyone have any ideas on this.???

When I go and try to calibrate the wheel in game, it does not recognize the values when I turn the wheel.....The wheel works with all other racing sims I have(F1 2001, Nascar 2002 etc...)

Thanks!!

Chappie
Re: Help with calibrating wheel for GP3
Date: June 13, 2002 05:02PM
Posted by: Vader
First you should install the official update to Gp3 1.13 which can be found at this site.

[193.111.112.56]
Official Grand Prix 3 Patch v1.13

It offers better joystick/wheel support and also offers a few pre-set (*.con) for different wheels, including MS wheel.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 13, 2002 05:04PM
Posted by: Nik
It will help alot if you update GP3 to version 1.13, I think the original version 1 had problems with wheel calibration

You can download it from either this site (www.grandprix3.com/en) or direct from the makers from this link

[download-center.com]

I think that may solve your problems if not post again

Nik

This week I av been mostly listening to : Jeff Buckley - Grace
Date: June 13, 2002 05:06PM
Posted by: Nik
Dammit Vader, posting whilst I was writing :)))) nevermind looks like we had the same solution anyway

This week I av been mostly listening to : Jeff Buckley - Grace
Date: June 13, 2002 05:17PM
It offers some advantage if you are an omnipotent being that is beyond time and space. You can wait for others to post solutions, go back in time and post the same solution just a few seconds earlier, thus pretending to know all and everything faster as everybody else.

Err ... coming to think about it: If you are an omnipotent being you don't need to pretend knowing everything better. And if you are outside of time and space earlier and faster have no meaning for you either ... Damn logics. BUT: without time and space there is no causality and no logic either. HA, that's dialectics for you!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 13, 2002 06:00PM
Posted by: LS.
Try updating your directx and your sidewinder software also

these some times cause problems

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: June 13, 2002 06:57PM
Hello guys!!,

Yes, the patch solution seemed to do the trick...I guess I was just a little too anxious to play and not inquire about updates!! LOL

thank you guys very much.

Very nice sim here. One more question for you omnipotent ones out there. Is it possible to race online??? I see a multiplayer option, but is it only player to player??? Is there anything like Vroc or what F1 2001 uses???

Thanks!!

Chappie
Date: June 13, 2002 06:59PM
Aha!! Nevermind, just had my question answered...

WoW, no multiplayer???? well, that is not good....Anyway the offline racing is good fun.

chappie
Date: June 13, 2002 07:07PM
We really like ppl inhere that answer to their own questions. It saves a lot of work ...

Anyway, welcome to the family, Randy

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 16, 2002 02:48AM
Posted by: mortal
not to mention that you're also putting "SEARCHBUTTONMAN" out of a job, can't have that now can we ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 16, 2002 03:42PM
Posted by: SEARCHBUTTON-MAN
Nobody can put my out of my job. Just have been away to help this wannabe-hero Spiderman get his new movie right. What a twat. Never understood what Marvel thought he was good for anyway ...

&quot;Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.&quot;
(Matthew 7,7)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy