Offline community championship

Posted by Rod_vs 
Re: Offline community championship
Date: August 23, 2007 06:46AM
Posted by: Rod_vs
Line up (until now):

1- Rodrigo Vilela (Trupe da Terra/One/Ford)
2- Marco Roberto Jr. (Sol/One/Ford)

3- Hans-Helmut Wiencke (LS16/CTR/BMW)
4- Jan Wiencke (DeutschePost/CTR/BMW)

5- Laurent Rosseau (Lo2k/Real GP3/Lamborghini)
6- Alexandre Duffer (Duffer/Real GP3/Lamborghini)

7- Pablo Neves (Audi)
8- Diego Lopes (Argentina/Audi)

9- Ricardo Van Smirren (RedBull/Flacx/Cosworth)
10- Henning Fisser (RedBull/Powerware/Cosworth)

11- Ricardo Bromer (Bromer/Honda)
12- Roberto Scandura (VTR/Honda)

14- Paul Edmonds (Kellog's/Peugeot)
15- Eduardo Pelliser (MasterCard/Peugeot)

16- Hector Garcia (Venezuela/Porsche) or none* (Barilla/Porsche)
17- Gareth Chester (Chester/Porsche) or Marcelo Ferreira (Corona/Porsche)

18- none* (Benetton/Toyota)
19- Felipe Pegoraro (Qantas/Toyota)

20- Jonahan Harder (McDonald's/Dodge/Chrysler)
21- Rennan Guzzo (Pontiac/Chrysler)

22- Felipe Antunis (Samsung/FR/Renault)
23- Felipe Arouca (Skank/FR/Renault)

Some people don't answer my messages. I'm waiting...
Others don't want to play... well...
Tks!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Date: September 10, 2007 10:53AM
Posted by: Rico
Im srry its an great idea but i wont be part in this league ;) good luck with it anyway

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Date: September 10, 2007 02:26PM
Posted by: gary42
Hey Rod, I sent you a PM saying I didn't want to be involved... maybe you didn't get it.

Good luck anyway

Date: September 11, 2007 05:52PM
Posted by: drafi5
First of all: who really wants to take part in it and what are the rules ?
It makes no sence to drive with 5 or 6 members, all GP3 leagues from
this website closed (Rayco, Hotlappers), you canĀ“t revival them.
Before voting tracks this should be clear.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: September 13, 2007 08:01AM
Posted by: R_Scandura
hi rod, I got your (multiple again ;)) PMs about voting the track. I have to admit I'm not understanding anything of this league. I must totally agree with drafi, you are jumping here and there without a linear path. Too much confusion and too many topics with nothing clearly explained.
I had a look to the entry list, first of all who are they? Are all those brazilians from orkut? Are they active here too? I know some of them but all the others? Put the nicknames they use in this forum between brakets near their names so it will be clear for all. Also, is that Paul Edmonds the Smoking Pen? Is he really joining the league? In the way things are actually, sounds some of them have been included without agreement.

I'd like a community league if it will create some funny time and interaction between members otherwise it will die young if nobody is really interested in it. I joined only 1 offline league but seems it died even before the first race dunno why. So instead of voting tracks I'll put a couple of basic ideas. Maybe this can attract other people here to help to give a body to the project.

First of all you have to decide the technical rules directly related to you as owner of the league: style (f1 style, generic, all kind of tracks...), game version, physic file, points table, bonus assigment, number of sessions...

By consequence you have to choose the sporting rules. The way you set the league should encourage people to join, supposing in this forum there are enough active users...
First of all, remember that you play the league on your pc so tecnhically you are the only one involved. You want to use names from the forum but you could use as well George Bush or Brad Pitt. So exactly what the users involed should do? Only watch big screenshots? I have a slow modem so I can't assure I'll follow the thing. Consider also that results would be massively random. You must organize a lot to make it work and keep the interest high just after the first session. You can also decide to play-and-report or let the people take part actively in the season.

A possible way, if people like the idea, is to give the drivers some managing chances. The races would be separated by days so there is the time for all to have a look, examinate the track used, post a comment and take turn by choosing the better performance setting. Also this would bring a bunch of strategy and everyone would be the owner of their destiny in the league. If you want I can give a beta example. At least it's different than a carset with all at the same values. It's all about to play with numbers.

About tracks, if you want to use Gp3_2000 you need to be prepared about setting them for the game. Remember the troubles about what MD2 files were? A minimal tweaking is needed to make a linear season and not as they come from the rar files by every author. Expecially for race distance, carsetup, pit strategy, and several finetunings.

One more thing, why don't you let people to team up freely with who they want? I see 22 drivers and 22 teams. This kills the constructors championship, while tweaking with bonuses, teams can even attempt to some kind of tactic.

yuk! I made a long poem but it's my 2cents opinion. Maybe more and better opinions will make a path.

Good luck :)

-------------------------------

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2007 08:14AM by R_Scandura.
Date: September 13, 2007 09:55AM
Posted by: drafi5
You are right, Roberto, I totally agree with you.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: September 13, 2007 06:54PM
Hi, Helmut and Roberto.

The entry list, now, isn't the same like I put this. Some "drivers" gave up.
About the nicknames, people who are interested to see nickname, just tell me, that I change it.
I add orkut fans because, here, I can't get all drivers, so, orkut fans "help" me to put 22 drivers.
About technical part, I know about MD2 and others. The cars will be driven by computer, like Rayco Championship. Just for an exihibition. If all like then, I'll continue on 2008-2009.
About the constructor, I don't compute their points, just drivers points.
I decide to do a totally offline championship because some people don't have time to play. So, I sy again: if someone like to my idea and want to do a hotlap or online championship, it will be great.
Any doubt, please, contact me.
And the rules is on my blog: www.blogdoroli.blogspot.com
Tks a lot for both.
Hold!
Date: September 13, 2007 07:18PM
I undrestood (and agree) with you, but this championship, now, is just for fun.
I think, on future, organize a hotlap championship.
But, now, this championship is just for funny.
Thanks!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy