Offline community championship

Posted by Rod_vs 
Offline community championship
Date: August 02, 2007 09:37PM
Posted by: Rod_vs
Hi, people! I'd like to make a offline community championship.
Please, if someone be interested to join, send me:

-A car (don't forget to put the team name, engine and oil company. Tyres are Michelin or Bridgestone. And it's not permited smoking partners!).

-A helmet

-A photo (please, don't send me too small photos).

Send me to my email: rodrigo_vilelasilva@yahoo.com.br

I'm waiting, OK?

Rodrigo (Santos - Brazil)

PS: If someone wants to add me in Orkut, no problems!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Re: Offline community championship
Date: August 03, 2007 01:52PM
Posted by: mortal
Take a look at the GP4 AI based championships, the WGP and the W300. Running in the GP4 forum. They are good models for offline championships. You need 22 drivers and 11 team managers. Drivers submit their own helmets and team managers submit their own cars. One or two race directors to run the races and post the screenshots with commentary. A race steward to compile the perf file for each race. An xml db table to show the results for driver and team championship and one to calculate the points formula to the perf. Check the W300 website as well for more detailed info on the formula and how it is applied. Read the rules. The GP4 series are now running season 2 with a 17 race calendar alongside the F1 calendar. It's very popular, test drivers run on the Friday before the main event.
Cheers :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 03, 2007 10:40PM
I don't want to join on a championship. I'd like to CREATE our offline championshio...

Date: August 04, 2007 04:25AM
Yes, I'm well aware of that fact. I have suggested that you 'LOOK' at the GP4 model of AI driven offline championships, the WGP and the W300. These are proven systems and because of the way they work are hugely popular. Perhaps you could model your GP3 championship in a similar fashion. If you want your championship to get off the ground, and in a community based fashion where the maximum number of members can participate you will need help to do it. But, as I said, take a look at how it is done in the GP4 forum first. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 04, 2007 03:33PM
OK, I'll see.. but I'm waiting your car...
Tks!

Date: August 05, 2007 02:51AM
LOL, sorry, I'm an rFactor and GP4 user, GP32k hasn't been on my system for 3 years or more ;-)

Date: August 05, 2007 05:29AM
"mortal", you don't understand... I will put the cars just on my computer... just to watch; all cars are driven by computer...

I'm waiting the cars and helmets... until now, "drafi5" was the only that sent me the cars...

Tks!

Date: August 05, 2007 10:30AM
Doesn't your original post say,
Hi, people! I'd like to make an offline community championship.
Please, if someone be interested to join, send me:
I see the word community! Therefore you are inviting members to participate. That is how your post reads. Your post does not say you want members to submit their cars and have no further participation, just for you to watch on your computer. That would not be a community series would it? If you want people to join, they want something in return, they want to see their cars on track, even better, they want to see their drivers win. They want points! They want screens! They want a results table! They want it run properly, otherwise they won't join. In the GP4 forum, there was originally the WGP, the popularity of the series snowballed and the W300 was started. Still more wanted to join, so the tester championship was created so more members of the community could participate.
The direction that I have pointed you in is exactly the same as what you suggest, an offline community championship, the GP4 W300 and the GP4 WGP. They are run solely one one computer also, all cars controlled by AI.
Basically, this is how it works. After each race, points are awarded to both teams and drivers, 30 for the win, 25 for second, 20 for 3rd, 19 for 4th and 1 for 22nd. No points for DNF. A teams total winning points from both drivers are their constructor championship points, the total winning points from a teams drivers are divided by 4 then added to the BHP to improve the car, the total winning points are subtracted from the ability range, this improves the teams cars performance. A drivers total winning points are added to the perf and subtracted from the range, this improves the drivers performance. The same winning points are used in a xl db formula to change the perfs after each race. Using the example I have given, if team XX drivers finish 1st and 4th, team XX wins 49 points, one driver wins 30 points, the other 19 points.
Now, the reason I have explained all this to you is just to advise you on the best possible offline community based championship you could possibly have. I have pointed you in the direction of the GP4 AI run series for you to examine and to see for yourself that if you want to have any chance of running a realistic offline AI based 'community' championship, with the emphasis on community, this is what you should be looking at.
To attract interest in your GP3 AI run series, first you have to explain to all exactly how it will work, who will run it, and who will be in control of the perfs (to prevent fiddling) You must have a set of rules, explain your driver and team points system, a race calendar, and when you have a full grid, the carset has to be available for download. So, it is not as simple as just asking everyone to join, they are sitting back waiting for you to supply information on how it will work. I understand perfectly what it is you are trying to do. I have given you some tips on how to move forward to create a professional looking series, the rest my friend is up to you ;-)

Date: August 07, 2007 05:20PM
wow... but befor I explain about the championship, I need to receive driver's cars and helmets.
Tks!

Date: August 07, 2007 10:57PM
Here is the cars that I put yet:

[rapidshare.com]

The drivers who was writen "None" is the empty cars.

Thanks to Raymond Buijs and his "Rayco championship".

PS: If someone be angry that see their name on carset, please, just tell me to remove. Don't be nervous!

Date: August 09, 2007 06:45AM
?????????????????????
Nobody?

Date: August 09, 2007 01:57PM
You need to name your championship, so start a new thread to attract interest, post the rules and how you intend it to work. Where is your calendar? what tracks will be used, when will races be run, when will the qualifying sessions be run? What physics set will be used, how many points will be given to teams and drivers. You have done nothing but ask for cars. You expect everyone to rush in but they know nothing!!!! Look at the W300 website at the rules there for ideas. Maybe if you do it properly you will attract some interest. ;-)
For starters, maybe you could name it the GP3 AI World Series Season 1. But of course, that is entirely up to you. In your first post you need the rules, the calendar, the when, the how and more, otherwise forget it. Like I said, if it isn't done properly it won't happen. Just asking people to send you cars is not working too well is it?

Date: August 10, 2007 07:02PM
"Mortal", first I need the "drivers". After, I will say where is the race. But the most important is not running (by the way, all cars are driven by computer).

The qualifying and race will be on the same day, but I'll say to all the dates.

But I need the helmets.

On this link (http://rapidshare.com/files/47583798/Community_screenshots.zip.html) I show the cars. I have 8 empty cockpits.

Just send the helmets to my email: rodrigo_vilelasilva@yahoo.com.br(or another car, but the engine will be the same like this:)

5 and 6: Yamaha
14 and 15: BMW
16 and 17: Porsche
18 and 19: Toyota

I'm waiting. Ah! Please, name and family name, to put on game!

Hold!

Date: August 10, 2007 07:29PM
Vote on tracks. You can choose 10 traks. Some tracks are hors-concours: Monaco, Sepang, Istambul, Monza, Spa, Shanghai and Interlagos. Vote it. And put (1-17) the sequence that you like it:

Melbourne
Adelaide
Eastern Creek
Sakhir
Barcelona
Nurburgring
Hockenheim
Sachsenring
Montreal
St. Jovite
Vancouver
IndianĂ¡polis
Sonoma
Magny-Cours
Pau
Issoire (FRA)
Clermont-Ferrand (reduced track)
Le-Mans (24h)
Silverstone
Brands Hatch
Donington Park
Suzuka
Fuji
Aida
Motegi
Autopolis (JPN)
Santa Cruz do Sul (BRA)
Buenos Aires
Cidade do Mexico
Zandvoort
Kyalami
Estoril
Vila do Conde (POR)
Rotorua (NZL)(GP2 beta; I don't change it to GP3, but the track is excellent)
Serres (GRE)

Hold!

Date: August 11, 2007 05:54AM
I'm busy with the WGP and W300, and all the forum mod work as well, but it looks like you are getting somewhere. Good Luck!

Date: August 11, 2007 07:06PM
OK... tks!

Date: August 16, 2007 04:10PM
up

Date: August 16, 2007 05:21PM
Posted by: HFGP2
I want to take part in. I've got a car and everything else. I'll send it to you, all my stuff I have....
Date: August 17, 2007 06:22PM
OK, Henning... you were in. Do you send me your car or can I make it to you?

For people who knows how it will be, this offline championship will be on the same like Rayco Championship.

I want to do this (nobody playing) because some people don't have time to play... I remembre Rayco championship... the owner play without drivers player, just computer cars.

Understand?

Date: August 19, 2007 07:16PM
Well, there's empty cars... send me the helmets!
Tks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2007 07:37PM by Rod_vs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy