That's it I've had enough! I'm sticking with GP3!

Posted by elio 
That's it I've had enough! I'm sticking with GP3!
Date: July 14, 2007 06:04PM
Posted by: elio
With a brand new high spec laptop I bought recently I was tempted by the wizzy graphics and promises of super realism to move to F1 Challenge and to spend more time on gp4 patching to my favorite seasons. After 5 months of this I've had enough! Ahhhhh! I can't take the stress of it all!

Sure you can get most of the bits you need but it is so much more hastle than doing stuff in gp3. It is more tiring than being at work! And I miss all the colourful photo menus and the adaptability of gp3. Also compared to F1 ch. you can be relatively relaxed when racing and not fly off the track every other corner!

I should nver have been unfaithful. I am sticking with good'ole gp3 from now on. Less stress, less work, more variety of tracks etc and much more fun!

I hope many of you guys continue to make stuff for the game.

Keep the faith!

Elio

The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long.
Elio,
You're absolutely right ! After having spent 4 to 5 years playing gp3, gp4 and f1c on my laptops, I'm sticking with gp3 also. Most enjoyable, easiest to adapt different stuff, hundreds of tracks...
To all guys involved in stuff- and trackmaking - keep up your work, plz !
Good to see another Pole here... I agree with both of you ,guys.

Andrzej, ratujesz honor Polaków. Był tu na forum taki gość z Polski, który używał angielskiego w delikatnie mówiąc , niekomunikatywny sposób.

O.K. Don't annoy others and let's switch back to English :)

Re: That's it I've had enough! I'm sticking with GP3!
Date: July 14, 2007 08:40PM
Nice toknow I'm not the only one thinking this way.

I suppose newer game doesn't always mean 'better' game.
My stepson can't believe I still spend most of my 'game' time on a seven year old program. I'm not going to comment on my wife's line but I'll share it with ya. 'You must have finished it by now. Why do you keep playing it?'

Nico bites yer tyres!
If it isn't about graphics the best F1 simulator is still GP2!Even the pros are still using it.
GP3 and GP4 are just graphic enhancers. And the more complicated they are the more difficult to edit.
I'm also a great fan for GPL. But to handle a GPL_car is like playing a violin.
But it sure is a challenge! The best!!!
Brianf666 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My stepson can't believe I still spend most of my
> 'game' time on a seven year old program. I'm not
> going to comment on my wife's line but I'll share
> it with ya. 'You must have finished it by now. Why
> do you keep playing it?'

Yeah...That's the point. If only could you hear my mother: "Stop playing these games. It's childish. You're an adult!!!You have to do more mature things!!!" WHAT A RUBBISH!!!

Pity that my mother can't speak English...I'd show her all these posts from this forum written by married guys who have children ,families and are pushing 50. Now I know that it's not a sin - being a games-loving adult.

Lately I have been competing in Microprose F1GP from 1992... Graphics totally sucks but the game is playable as hell... All those EA Sports' F-1s or F1 Challenges don't even compare!

rudymarshall Wrote:
> I'm also a great fan for GPL. But to handle a
> GPL_car is like playing a violin.
> But it sure is a challenge! The best!!!

You can say this again!I downloaded GPL 2004 demo and I was amazed. Now, I have bought a GPL copy and at this point I am only waiting for delivery. This game forgives no mistakes, but it's just like passing driving licence exam in a huge city - if you can handle this, you can handle everything :)

Hahah snap. I'm 34 but still like the simple patching of GP3 and having an up to date season to race in within 1 hour!!!

I've had GP4. Ok a few more tweaks, nicer grahpics but updates and playability not as good! Also I don't want to spend hours trying to get GP4 to work after a days work in IT!
Re: That's it I've had enough! I'm sticking with GP3!
Date: July 15, 2007 10:05PM
i seem to have hit a nerve! Saw a Wii for the first time at my brother in laws house today. Graphics are pants but playability and fun are full-on. wiis are selling like hot cakes ...
@abdelkader Pushing 50? Hahahahaha. My friend, I am 'pulling' it with quite a long rope!

Nico bites yer tyres!
Brianf666 Wrote:
> @abdelkader Pushing 50? Hahahahaha. My friend, I
> am 'pulling' it with quite a long rope!

May you pull it as long asyou can. :) I hope I'll be able to pull it as well despite being 'only' 21 ;).

I just admire all those guys who are older than me for an ability to play. In my country people who are over 30-40 are supposed to be politically correct ,brainwashed citizens...It's just not masculine to play computer games at this age...But I don't care - I AM PROUD OF BEING A MEMBER OF OUR GP-MANIACS COMMUNITY!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2007 11:15PM by abdelkader.
Simply put - and quick addition to thread -, I could have gone without buying GP4. GP3 improved very little on GP2, even a small disappointment on some bits, but definitely better than GP4.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy