Making helmet layouts

Posted by abdelkader 
Making helmet layouts
Date: July 11, 2007 09:07PM
Posted by: abdelkader
Hi!

I'd like to start making various fictional helmets for GP3. I have got a question about editing bitmaps.

I know that I can use whatever I wish (MS Paint, Adobe Photoshop, Irfan View ,etc.) the problem is with checking if everything looks good in-game. It gets annoying when I have to start GP3 over and over again in order to see if some small elements fit each other.

Is there any utility which is able to: 1st - import a helmet shape from gp3.exe , 2nd - locate the-being-edited bitmap on this helmet shape? The utility ,that I'm after, would be some kind of real time helmet editor.

If such thing doesn't exist maybe it'd be a good idea to make such editor? I'd do it myself but I have no the foggiest idea about programming :(

Re: Making helmet layouts
Date: July 12, 2007 03:55PM
Posted by: SchumiFan_154
Hey.
I have another question. How can i load the Painting of the helmets?
Date: July 13, 2007 11:28AM
Posted by: bazza_racer

right for starters use this as your base.

the white section is the front, the green section is the back, and the blue is the top.
the best thing to do is colour the white how you desire it mirror it for the other side and match it up with the back and the top is up to you the top of the blue section represents the front.

hope that helps.

"Racing is LIFE. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen.
Date: July 14, 2007 05:34AM
Posted by: Rod_vs
I have the "layout" helmet. If someone wants...

e-mail: rodrigo_vilelasilva@yahoo.com.br
MSN: rodrigo_vilelasilva@hotmail.com
Orkut: "Rodrigo Vilela da Silva"

Thanks!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy