1991 trackpack problem, cc too slow

Posted by brnco 
1991 trackpack problem, cc too slow
Date: June 27, 2007 08:53PM
Posted by: brnco
i'm using jackie matras 1991 trackpack along with physic file called classic1991-mclaren.g3p , and bellini grip patch. problem is that when i drive imola with a car that is 1,00% of the pace of the fastest driver, i'm getting fastest laps 0.8sec in qual and 1.3sec in race with the same setup as cc, why is that? I'm just a regular driver, so there is obviously problem. What do i do, play around with c-magic, what parameter, please help!!! I just want to have some realistic lap times.
Re: 1991 trackpack problem, cc too slow
Date: June 28, 2007 09:43AM
Posted by: wvdriel
Edit the magicdata. Give the cc-cars more grip so theyll go around faster and than make the lap-times slower untill they do the right laptime. I think the problem is the belinipatch which requires editing of the magic data.
Date: June 28, 2007 11:29AM
Posted by: Brianf666
Remember that changing the track grip in MD also changes it for the player. You can compensate with performance in GP3Edit or change the CC cars in there to get it right and leave the MD alone. Another factor in MD, for the record, is the 'Air Resistance' value. This should have been called Air Efficiency as higher values allow faster progress through the air. If you have access to speed-trap data it will help you get straight line speed right.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: June 28, 2007 12:13PM
the problem are fast corners that i go flat out while cc are lifting throttle and shifting down to fifth
Date: June 28, 2007 01:30PM
Posted by: belini
when using the grip patch with gp3 the only way to slow yourself is to edit the cars grip
in the performance file.

Date: June 28, 2007 02:26PM
thanks belini, but i'm already driving a car that is 1,00% slower in the performance file, and i'm getting laps second faster then the fastest cc.
so what do I adjust performance, lets say I want to be 0,5 sec of the pace.
Date: June 28, 2007 02:29PM
I don't think the problem is in belini patch, because when I'm driving 2001 season with his magic data I get realistic laptimes, and I'm slower than cc. so the problem must be in jackies 1991 trackpack
Date: June 28, 2007 04:28PM
Posted by: RRRReméééédiooo
Make sure the ccs have the same wings setup you use, make sure your teamate have the same top speed you have (adjusting cc power factor in the MD). Then you may adjust the player grip in the performance file or the cc grip factor in MD to have the difficult level you want.

The Fox provides for himself. But God provides for the Lion - William Blake
Date: June 28, 2007 04:30PM
Posted by: belini
brnco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thanks belini, but i'm already driving a car that
> is 1,00% slower in the performance file, and i'm
> getting laps second faster then the fastest cc.
> so what do I adjust performance, lets say I want
> to be 0,5 sec of the pace.

for gp32k there's a patcher util that's sorts this problem
without touching the performance files, the only thing to
do is to drop your grip level, reducing by around 600 to 800
should lose you that 1 sec.

Date: June 28, 2007 07:37PM
ok I understand belini patch and adjusting grip and so on,
the problem is when i drive 1991 imola from jackies trackpack I'm 1.3sec per lap faster than when I'm driving original imola with bellini cmagic (of course in comparison to the cc, lap times are different because of the track layout.
example I'm driving benneton 1991 that is 1,00% of the pace from Mclaren and I'm ending up with 1.3sec advantage. On the other hand when driving 2001 jordan alsaw 1,00% of the pace on 2001 layout with belini magic I get 1,5sec slower. So the problem is jackie matras trackpack!!!
Date: June 28, 2007 07:40PM
and by the way, THE CC ARE SHIFTING DOWN AND LIFTING THE THROTTLE IN THE FAST BEND AFTER VARIANTE ALTA BEFORE RIVAZZA (DON'T KNOW THE NAME OF TE BEND), THEY SHOULD GO FLAT OUT THERE.
Date: June 28, 2007 07:59PM
ok I tested damn thing again and altered some magic data here it is

69024 ; added to car.field_108. related to cc grip factor
256 ; grip???
10000 ; cc power factor (ace)
10820 ; cc grip factor (ace)

and I was 0.7sec slower. so WHAT IS IT?
I mean, belini, jackie you created this stuff, you should know everything about it?!

give us some sort of troubleshooter, or detailed info on how cmagic works
Date: June 28, 2007 08:59PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
It's ages old and I don't remember much about it except that I have a fair idea that I may have made the AI much too slow in comparison with the human player (as seems to have been the custom with "historic" GP3 carsets back then).

To maintain realistic laptimes while making the AI faster in comparision with the human player, just increase the AI grip in the performance file by the same figure for all of the AI car drivers that makes them competitive with the human player, while decreasing the track grip in the individual track magic date files by the exact same figure.

The perfomance data was also made for GP3, and not GP3-2k, so the perfomances were meant to average out to somewhere near realistic laptimes for all tracks, as GP3 was made to use a single performance file for all tracks unlike GP3-2k, so that while laptimes will be close to realistic on most tracks, they would vary somewhat considerably from there on some tracks.

Also. as regards Belini's grip patch, please bear in mind that it did not exist when I released the 1991 track pack and performance data, so, obviously it was not meant to be used in conjunction with it. I have no idea what the effect of the two used together would be. You will have to figure it out for yourself.
Date: June 28, 2007 10:07PM
ok, thanks jackie, thanks belini, i'll figure it somehow!
Date: June 29, 2007 07:02PM
Posted by: Jackal
Use a different phyisics-file... ? There's several 1991s out there, I used the one that comes with the track pack and it works nicely.
Date: June 29, 2007 09:24PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
The perfomance, magic data, and physics files that I included with the track pack were quite "beta" and were not meant to produce results anywhere near as realistic as those of my 1995-2001 performance pack. I just wanted to provide something that offered some semblance of 1991 F1 with those tracks without spending the many weeks of testing that a more accurate set of files would have required.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy