Cockpitshape editing...lowering the front wheels in the cockpit view

Posted by abdelkader 
I am working on a cockpitshape... I want it to look the way it was back in the 1970's.

I realized that the front wheels in the 1970's were smaller than the contemporary ones. In order to imitate this effect , I decided to 'lift' the whole construction of my cockpit up (I thought that raising the whole layout would make it unable to see the front wheels).

I launched GP3 Car Editor and increased values in each of the 181 verticies from the 'Cockpit' section.

I launched GP3 and even though the whole layout raised just as I intended, I still see front wheels... I drew a conclusion that there are certain verticies in 'Cockpit' section which are responsible for the position of the front wheels.

My question is: What are the EXACT numbers of these verticies. I need it in order to lower the wheels in the cockpit view.

I hope you get what I mean :)
I am waiting for the answers

P.S. Do you happen to know anybody from here who deals with making cockpit shapes for Grand Prix 3?

There are a few issues needing professional answers and I just don't want to litter this forum with whole lotta questions , which are not at all important to the rest of the GP3 community.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2007 08:07PM by abdelkader.
they are indeed controlled by a pair of points - it looks like 37 and 39
I don't think they are. :(
When I edited them, the result was strange as some frontal parts of the cockpit looked like smashed with a hammer :)

I'll try again to indicate the correct points but if you find the answer before I do, please inform me here :)

The problem doesn't exist anymore :) I have just discovered that the points I asked about are in fact 3 and 4. I tried editing them and that's it. That's what I wanted. :)

Upload damn cockpit, so that everyone can enjoy!
O.K. I will but I want to make three things clear:

1st
-This is only partially my work. I found some old cockpit on my hardware and I just made appropriate modifications making it look more like the cockpit of the 70's.

2nd
-You may think I am too self-critical but, in my opinion , this cockpit is not of very good quality.
I am not much interested in small details...I just needed a cockpit, for myself, to play with.

3rd
-Initially, I intended this cockpit to be only for my personal use and as I play GP3 in software mode ,I DON'T KNOW how it will perform in hardware.

P.S. Don't throw stones at me if you don't like it. :) I am completely GREEN as far as making carshapes is concerned.

I 'll post the link as soon as possible. :)

O.K.

This is the link:

[www.sendspace.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy