Help Please - Windows Vista in Software mode.

Posted by codonnell 
Help Please - Windows Vista in Software mode.
Date: May 29, 2007 03:41PM
Posted by: codonnell
Hi,

When I try run gp3 in vista in software mode it crashes to the desktop. Does anyone know how to fix this problem ? Hardware mode is a dog for me - PO is around 300%.

Please help. My wife forced me to get this new computer for broadband and I cannot play my only game in the workd. :-<

I've a CRT monitor and have played around with resoloutions. It just keeps on crashing.

Thnx
Cathal.
What spec is the new PC? Sounds like a graphics card problem. I would run in '98 compatibility anyway but some PC's still don't have graphics that work properly for GP3.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Hi,

It's an intel celeron 3 GHz.

It's got an inbuilt Diaplay adapter - Intel G965 Express Chipset Family.

Should I take a chance and go buy a graphics gard and hope it works ?

These new PC's have new slots so older cards do not fit anymore.

Thnx
Cathal.
Re: Help Please - Windows Vista in Software mode.
Date: May 30, 2007 02:28AM
Posted by: Hologide
To be honest you would probably be better off upgrading to GP4 ;)

If that's an option to you...
Re: Help Please - Windows Vista in Software mode.
Date: May 30, 2007 01:19PM
Posted by: bigears
Or playing it in hardware mode rather than software mode perhaps?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
In theory that chip should handle it in hardware mode which is always going to be better. The fact is, an old ATI Rage (even ancient PCI ones) will do okay for GP3, but a lot of on-board chips struggle and may need some unusual settings to relieve the load a bit. Certainly all the G-force and Radeon ranges will handle it okay and I have run it on a SIS 640 onboard chip. However, S3 chips don't do it very well and the Intel 810 chip needs a lot of tweaking. I think there's an old thread somewhere on that.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Brianf666 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In theory that chip should handle it in hardware
> mode which is always going to be better. The fact
> is, an old ATI Rage (even ancient PCI ones) will
> do okay for GP3, but a lot of on-board chips
> struggle and may need some unusual settings to
> relieve the load a bit. Certainly all the G-force
> and Radeon ranges will handle it okay and I have
> run it on a SIS 640 onboard chip. However, S3
> chips don't do it very well and the Intel 810 chip
> needs a lot of tweaking. I think there's an old
> thread somewhere on that.

My S3 savage IX chip can't draw the shadows (they are pink close up, then green as the cc cars move further away) in hardware mode, yet allows me fullscreen in all camera views, which is great. In software mode the game looks better, with good shadows and detail, yet whatever resolution I pick it plays it in letterbox format,but rather than squish the image vertically, it slices off the top and bottom, so in my favourite close up over the shoulder cam I can't see much of the front wheel. Any advice, as to how to cure these two problems? Can GP3 be run in fullscreen in software mode out of the cockpit?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy