Cars are without fuel…

Posted by duncan21 
Cars are without fuel…
Date: May 24, 2007 07:03PM
Posted by: duncan21
I don't know what it's happening. I use 3.91 Gpxpatch and one program called "GP3PitEd" that edits the number of pits and the number of laps. The problem is that some cars are without fuel in the last lap of races 100%. Somebody can help me? Thanks a lot.
Re: Cars are without fuel…
Date: May 24, 2007 09:16PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
The magic data of the tracks may be slightly incorrect for fuel consumption. Adjust it and see if it makes a difference.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: May 24, 2007 10:57PM
Posted by: Brianf666
Yep, the magic data controls the fuel usage for each track. You can easily check it by doing a quickrace. If there is less than 1 lap of fuel left at the end, the cars will run out in a longer race. I had to do a lot of changing when I set the engines up to 19,000+ revs (obvious really).

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: May 25, 2007 04:36PM
So sorry, but how can i modify these archives? I am using "cmagic" but it's not giving certain, the cars continue without fuel… The tracks have that to be in slot certain? How can i know in which "slot" I must install the track as to know which is slot of it? For example, I am using Donington Park 2003 in slot 02, I used the "md" file ("188 magicdata for tracks";). I open the file of the track, then open the "md" file and later "insert date". In the program he appears “done” but it continues the problem. I use a program to edit the number of laps and pit stops, will be that it is causing the problem, find that not. Please help me to use the program cmagic. I know that he seems simple, but I am not deciding the problem. What I'm making of made a mistake?
Date: May 26, 2007 10:25AM
Cmagic is not the problem and you seem to be using it right. What is wrong for your setup is the .md file you are using. Its just a text file so you can edit it with any text editor. Then re-install it into the track and it should clear the problem. You might need to change it a few times to get it right. Be sure not to overdo the setting as having 20 laps of fuel left at the end is not realistic either. As i said before, check it with a quickrace and see whats left at the end. If its exactly one lap you are close. If its 1.5 laps you have gone too far. I can't give you an exact figure to use as it also depends on the performance settings you use (engine revs etc) and the gear ratios of the cc cars as well as your driven car.
If you load the game through GPxPatch, you can put any track in any slot as it overrides the game's built-in magic data.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: May 28, 2007 03:01PM
Hei Brianf66, where can i find a "text editor? Which name and how used? Many tks my friend
Date: May 28, 2007 04:04PM
Windows notepad is adequate but I find it all looks better in Wordpad.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: May 28, 2007 05:55PM
Brianf666 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Windows notepad is adequate but I find it all
> looks better in Wordpad.

????? Where i can find this and how used? Please...
Date: May 28, 2007 10:19PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
They should be installed on your computer along with your Microsoft operating system.

Go to "Start" on your computer, then "All Programs", and then "Accesories", to access Notepad.
Date: May 29, 2007 07:10AM
Posted by: Gauguin
Hi everybody

There's a small utility called Magic Data File Creator v1.10
by Reinier Tetteroo. It's the easiest way to edit md files.
Maybe you'll find it in the old download section.

Cheers
Gauguin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy