Zip archives corrupted

Posted by wark611 
Zip archives corrupted
Date: April 24, 2007 09:19PM
Posted by: wark611
Hi I'm Dave from Italy.
I would like to know if I'm the only one who can't open the Zips archives. I downloaded and tried to open Nuvolar's works but also other Zips archives but each time on my screen WinZip (and WindRar too) diplayed this message. <<It does not appear to be a valid Archive". Any of you did have the same problem? Any of you did solve it?
Re: Zip archives corrupted
Date: April 25, 2007 12:46AM
Posted by: AugustoGibim
I also have this problem with the files of Calimbo.
I use the last versions of WinRar and WinZip.
Date: April 25, 2007 01:55AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
*ahem*

The magic words "Download Manager" will be mentioned, not once, not twice, but everytime somebody complains about corrupted files after downloading. GPG has had issues, not just with the old downloads section, but with files finishing before they're downloaded fully, so always use a download manager. I can highly recommend Download Accelerator Plus, but that may not be for everybody, so do a good search.

Hopefully, that'll provide the answer you need. Basically, re-download it, if it's still corrupted, use a download manager next time. ;-)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: April 26, 2007 01:52AM
Posted by: AugustoGibim
Resolved. I copied the files with GetRight. Now they opened perfectly.
Great help. Thanks.

*translated of the Portuguese.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy