What the hell happened to the old download section?

Posted by abdelkader 
I was looking for some things at the old downloads and I found a 385kb size file. It took 15 MINUTES to download it.

Why is that? It was all O.K. a few days ago.

Now everything runs as quickly, according to what we say in my country, as blood out of nose :)

i really don't know what's happening, even with DAP I can't download anything every download crashes
The server has been overloaded recently, downloads have exceeded the current account by 50GB. See the 'Bandwidth Announcement' sticky topic. Stephan has discovered one user hitting the site repeatedly, we are still trying to work out what was going on there.
Bandwidth throttling was something being discussed in the moderators forum until the much needed server upgrade goes ahead. All donations towards that gratefully accepted. Sorry if you are currently experiencing problems, but we are working on it.
mortal.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: What the hell happened to the old download section?
Date: April 12, 2007 01:25PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I got no problems with Firefox 2. Every download from the old section works. :|
Thanks for that info ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I'm having problems with it...including firefox.

Good luck to the team who are working on this problem. This is truly one of the greatest resources us GP3 gamers have...and one of the last remaining decent ones...i really hope it can be saved.

If the worst happens...would it be possible for people who have the downloads already on their computer upload them again? I might be able to dig out one or two things to contribute. Or would that cause problems regarding copyright and permission? If so, maybe the original authors still have the work somewhere?

Could be great opportunity for the whole community to put together the resources we have!

As for now, thank you to the site managers for keeping us updated and i've got my fingers crossed!
You donĀ“t have to use DAP or any download manager, so it works for me
(using Firefox 2).

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Re: What the hell happened to the old download section?
Date: April 13, 2007 01:13PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
well, with Firefox it isn't faster.. wrong state from me yesterday. I think, the fact, why are the downloads are slow, are the problem with the traffic limit of that site.
I downloaded carshape McLaren (new), but zip archive is broken. Can somebody send me this carshape please? Thanx. Eddie (eddiex@seznam.cz)
I have the same problem. Also with Firefox. I have a 250 KB/s connection via sat. I hope the problem could be solved soon, as this is the best resource site for GP3 i ever found.
Good luck!

Claudio Savina
A download manager is always a good idea. Firefox still can't resume a failed download. Fresh Download is pretty good.
For the old archives, maybe some sort of file-sharing would be better to keep the bandwidth down. Then only new releases and essential tools would be on this server and the archive indexed here but the old files could be shared between all the users who are on unlimited broadband. (I heard our village is getting ADSL this year and connection is IF we have suitable lines and costs the earth and has a very small bandwidth limit - Grrrrrr)

Nico bites yer tyres!
Everytime I download a *.zip file, and I try to open it, it tells me: "Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive" HELP PLS!!!
Try using a download manager.
It has solved this problem for a number of people.
Ok, worked. Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy