Damage settings...

Posted by MaxF1 
Damage settings...
Date: March 27, 2007 07:33PM
Posted by: MaxF1
Guys, can anyone send me a copy of the damage settings they use? What I specifically want is a setting that enables a car to loose the entire side pod and suspension arms and tyres when crashing sideways into a wall...

I have tried this for the past few days but without success.

I had it in GP2 and it's really frustrating not being able to have it for GP3.

I'm running the CART series and when I crash into a oval wall at over 200mph, only the wheel comes off. I want it more realistic!

Can anyone help me?

many thanks,

(a desperate) Max
Re: Damage settings...
Date: March 27, 2007 09:07PM
Posted by: quickslick
did you used the damage editor? with this tool you can easily setup the damage for every part the car
Date: March 27, 2007 10:18PM
Posted by: Addicted On GPXSeries
I've found values made by an very famous GPX user,but i don't remember now.Maybe JackiMatra?Nicola Acciari?They are claimed as very realistic.Well,considering the GP3 damage model,i could say they are much better than the original ones.
Any wall i hit i loose all the 4 wheels.If that is what you are looking for...
Here they are:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2007 10:23PM by Addicted On GPXSeries.
Date: March 27, 2007 11:31PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Those look like mine.

I recall making the sidepods very difficult to break off, as I don't ever recall seeing that actually happen in a real accident, while it would occur on occasion with the stock GP3 game damage settings when I thought that the cars looked really silly driving around to the pits without any sidepods,yet with all of their wheels still on.
Date: March 28, 2007 12:58AM
Posted by: R_Scandura
a more breakable car is much better than the one coming as custom, but maybe i'd make the values a little asymmetrical, in this way the sides of the car won't respond in the same way at the same time on a crash. In this way if you hit the wall with the 'softer' side of the car the tyres on the other side won't fly away too. Please post any good settings when you test, I never got satifying ones ...

-------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2007 01:02AM by R_Scandura.
Date: March 28, 2007 05:05AM
Posted by: Addicted On GPXSeries
If you say so Jacki,they must be proprably yours.I find these are good values,altough the wheels goes off pretty easy,as they doesn't nowadays in F1.
Now a question: why there are no asymmetrical values for the barge boards and wings?.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy