Circuit downloads

Posted by St.Hubbins 
Circuit downloads
Date: June 01, 2002 12:48PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Please excuse my ignorance as I am relatively new to GP3, but I have a few questions which I hope can be answered.

I have downloaded several tracks from this site, and installed them, but when I go to drive them I often see a lot of grey areas around the circuits. These are mainly where the kurbs should be, although sometimes also in place of other trackside objects. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just that the tracks are not fully complete? I downloaded the 2002 San Marino track and all was well after I renamed the DAT file to f1ct03.dat, but for many other tracks (not in the original game) I am not so sure whether I have to rename the files.

Also, I have updated some of the magic data files, and was wondering whether anyone can explain exactly what some of the fugures mean in the text document. I understand that the five figure numbers are relative to qualifying and race performance, but after each of these is a "0". What is this number?

For your information, I use GP3 2000 and run the program in software mode (don't have a graphics card to support 3D). I have made sure that all of the circuits I download are for SW mode, but still encounter the problem. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

St.Hubbins.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Re: Circuit downloads
Date: June 01, 2002 12:55PM
Posted by: Ellis
Make sure that all the ".jam" files are in the correct folder as stated in the GP3Form.

If your runnign software mode, the folder will be GP3jams (no H) and a custom folder inside that

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 01, 2002 01:09PM
Yep, got that part, so is the name of the custom folder relevant? does it have to be named specifically or can it have any name? For example, in the GPForm for Luguna Seca it recommends 'ls.jam' but I have named it 'laguna seca.jam' for convinience sake. I am led to believe that the folder will be automatically located.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: June 01, 2002 01:22PM
It is important- always use the one that the GP3Form says. the .dat track file has the location of all the jam files stored in it so it knows where to get them from, if the folder isnt called what it is expected, it miss's the jams out and puts in grey

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 01, 2002 10:01PM
Eternal thanks Ellis. All seems to be well so far. I have reinstalled Osterreichring and the graphics are now complete. I guess it was just my eager self that contributed to my downfall!!!!

Any answers on my second point, regarding the magic data text files?

Date: June 02, 2002 03:36AM
Cant help there :S im no good with the magic data stuffs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy