GP3 - GP4 - GP3 2K

Posted by bazza_racer 
GP3 - GP4 - GP3 2K
Date: March 14, 2007 01:53PM
Posted by: bazza_racer
just a quick question guys. I've been editing GP3 for a while but i've got bored with GP3, so defected to GP4 but too complicated trying to edit. so now i'm back and armed with GP3 2k. does this make much difference? I know that crash damage is a little better, but does gp3edit work with it etc...

bazza

"Racing is LIFE. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen.
Re: GP3 - GP4 - GP3 2K
Date: March 14, 2007 04:27PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Crash damage is much more than a little better.
GP3Edit does not work with GP3-2k.

If you search this forum you will find a fairly old thread in which the differences, advantages and disadvantages between GP3 and GP3-2k are discussed in considerable detail, (largely by yours truly).
Date: March 16, 2007 12:24PM
Posted by: bazza_racer
@ jacki thanks for that i did do a quick search but couldnt really find what i was after. you mentioned that it's harder to edit, would you mind explaining why?

many thanks

baz

"Racing is LIFE. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen.
Date: March 16, 2007 03:31PM
Many fewer editing tools were released for GP3-2k than GP3. I would guess that this is because GP3-2k was only sold in Europe, and was nowhere near as popular, initially as GP3, for which many editing tools were released.

A few examples:

GP3-2k has no equivalent of:
GP3Edit (instead you have to install the multitude of files manually that GP3Edit does with a single click)
TeamLogo Creator (which is why there are pretty much no rotating logos in any addon GP3-2k teamart sets)

There is no GP3-2k car camera editor. The GP3 CarEditor can edit the GP3-2k car cameras that are the same as those in GP3, but it cannot edit GP3-2k's two additional car cameras.

GP3-2k will not read track record information from track dat files at all, unlike GP3, so you cannot have different track records shown in the game other than the one's originally in the game (unlike GP3, where you can have the game show different track records for different tracks in different years).
Date: March 16, 2007 03:39PM
Here's the earlier thread that I referred to:
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy