GP3 CD needed. *updated 14/3*

Posted by bestobritish 
GP3 CD needed. *updated 14/3*
Date: March 05, 2007 06:17PM
Posted by: bestobritish
Hi, im in desperate need of a GP3 CD as ive just brought GP3 2k but cant install it. I did have the CD a long time ago (I installed it well over 4 years ago) but I lost it moving house. I literally only need it for 5 mins and il send it back as soon as im done with it along with a bit of cash for postage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2007 02:35PM by bestobritish.
Re: GP3 CD needed.
Date: March 05, 2007 07:24PM
Posted by: Vader
Read the Gp3 FAQ (sticky thread) and look here [dl.gamecopyworld.com]

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 05, 2007 07:44PM
just read the FAQ, whats up? Also the link dosnt work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2007 08:21PM by bestobritish.
Date: March 06, 2007 02:23AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
You in Britain? Cause I can send my CD through the post if you need it that bad... PM me for more information.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2007 02:24AM by turkey_machine.
Date: March 06, 2007 08:41AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
"just read the FAQ, whats up? "

What's up, is that you will find that you do not need a GP3 CD in order to install and run GP3-2000.
Date: March 06, 2007 06:33PM
How is that? Im gonna have to have a CD anyway as I think ive totally messed things up :(

Date: March 06, 2007 09:08PM
ok the problem at the moment is that it says that my f1gstate.sav file is missing or bad. The file is there in the GP3 folder, so what would I need to do?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2007 09:12PM by bestobritish.
Date: March 06, 2007 09:27PM
Use the .bak file instead?

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

Re: GP3 CD needed. *updated 14/3*
Date: March 14, 2007 02:41PM
1st of all a massive thanks to Turkey machine for lending me his CD, tis very much appreciated!

Unfortuantly its not working out as simply as I hoped. Ive reinsrtalled GP3 and the update patch and the game works but I cant get the graphics set up but thats a different story. Now when I go to install GP3 2k when the CD starts up it comes up with a un-install option when it isnt even loaded on to my computer. I click on that option and it brings up the install option but then it wont recognise the GP3 CD ive put in the D drive. Now i have been told about the install fix but I couldnt get it to work n its probably down to me as im rubbish with things like that. So could someone do a detailed step by step walk through.

Mucho thanks

Date: March 14, 2007 04:23PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
If I recall correctly, GP3-2k will never install from the CD for some people (including myself), so:

1.Copy all of the files on the GP3-2k CD into an empty new folder on your hard-drive.
2.Copy all of the files of the "GP3-2k Install Fix" into the same folder on your hard-drive.
3.Run the installer file in the new folder on your hard-drive that now has all of the above files in it.
4.GP3-2k should now install into the proper directory on your hard-drive without requiring that a GP3 or GP3-2k CD be in a CD-drive.
5.Try out the newly installed GP3-2k and see if it runs allright.
6.If it does, then delete the folder that you created with all of the GP3-2k CD and GP3-2k Install Fix files in it that you used to install GP3-2k.
7.If GP3-2k does not run, then repeat steps 1 through 6 above.
8.If GP3-2k still does not run, then I am afraid that I cannot help you any further.
Date: March 14, 2007 06:11PM
cool, thanks for that il try it later on and let you know how I get
on :)

Date: March 14, 2007 11:05PM
Posted by: smu3l3y
were can ya get gp3 2000 from coz there is so much you cant do on ther original gp3 is it free ware
Date: March 15, 2007 07:03PM
nope you need to buy it, you can get it off of amazon fairly cheaply now.

Date: March 15, 2007 09:23PM
grr still no luck it still asks for a CD and when I put one in there it still dosnt recognise it. do the .rar files need to be extracted as when I try to do that it says this...

Date: May 08, 2007 07:24PM
Aha! Figured it out at long last!!!!!

What's missing from JackieMatra's guide is the correct directory structure... i.e not in the same folder, but in the sub-folder "Grand Prix 3". Then GP32K will install correctly.

For the record bestobritish, I had the same issue you had, but had slightly more patience to figure it out. Mostly it was trial and error. If you want the game back, I'll happily mail it to you with some money. Unless you want shot of it totally.... in which case I'm happy to keep! :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy