Patch to Expand kb size for .DAT

Posted by prayerson 
Patch to Expand kb size for .DAT
Date: March 04, 2007 05:41AM
Posted by: prayerson
Hi Everyone

Dos' anyone know who can make a patch to expand the track .DAT file! . The limit of these .DAT file are so small its ridickulous!!!!. You have to delete half the contence of a track ,just to get some work done on the track. All that is needed is someone who knows how to open the limit setting in a .DaT file with a particular program .There must be someone out there who can steer in this direction! .I know alot of you guys out there have had the same thought.

Amagine how much more you can add to your tracks if this patch is avalible.
Re: Patch to Expand kb size for .DAT
Date: March 04, 2007 07:49AM
Posted by: dada
PLS USE THE SEARCH BUTTON ...its so simple and always gives you answers

The limit of the dat file CAN NOT be be expanded ..or atleast nobody managed to do this

Date: March 04, 2007 11:18AM
Posted by: Brianf666
But there is a way to change the .dat file of a GP3-2k track to comply with v1.13. It depends how far over the 136kb limit the track is as you have to remove objects. Draffi5 is the expert at it and there have been many threads explaining the process. It certainly works wonders on Istanbul but a lot of credit goes to Belini for such a great circuit to begin with.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: March 04, 2007 12:05PM
Reading the other posts I remember about that the gp32000 track being larger in size than gp3 . I wonder if its possible to apply the settings from gp32000 into gp3.....
Date: March 04, 2007 12:29PM
Posted by: Dinga
I asked Rene Smit this a long time ago on his forum. As it is GPxPatch already increases the default .dat size to 136Kb in GP3 v1.13. I don't know what the original limit was! If Rene couldn't get this any higher, I doubt there's anyone around now who could. The only way forward is to buy GP3-2000. Try e-bay,charity shops, 2nd hand departments of game retailers. It's worth the investment, just to get Belini's awesome track collection running with all the details intact.

Date: March 04, 2007 01:36PM
Hi
Dinga
Is Rene still got his forum going! if so do you know his site address I would be interested in having a look.

cheers
Date: March 04, 2007 04:08PM
Posted by: Dinga
Yeah - website here [www.xs4all.nl]

Unfortunately, a the old forum doesn't exist, so a lot of posts have disappeared. But LO2K is hosting the new version, just follow the link from the site.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy