Car Editor - mirrors - a HUGE REQUEST

Posted by abdelkader 
Car Editor - mirrors - a HUGE REQUEST
Date: March 02, 2007 04:00PM
Posted by: abdelkader
Hi!

Lately I have been editing cockpit shapes in Car Editor in order to make a realistic cockpit shape of the early 1990's.
As far as the shape itself is concerned I can do anything I want, but the problem appears when it comes to editing mirrors.

they are so small that I can't even edit them. When I zoom the view in order that I can edit the mirrors, the view disappears. On the other hand when I zoom the picture out , it is too small to see particular points.

Maybe you could tell me which points in Verticies section are responsible for which parts of mirrors ?

Maybe you have a good tutorial of making cockpits in general?

Thanks in advance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2007 12:37PM by abdelkader.
Re: Car Editor - mirrors
Date: March 03, 2007 12:38AM
Posted by: SuperSonic
You'll need some patience, but all you have to do is to equally edit all the vertices in each one of the four corners of the mirror. It will move both the bodywork (and its details) and the mirror itself.

Let's say you want to move the mirrors backwards:

Double-click in a corner of a mirror. Don't mind what vertice it is, mirror or bodywork. Just keep your mouse-arrow still and use the keyboard to edit the coordinates accordingly. Double-click again and edit the coordinates by adding subtracting the same ammount in every axys. Repeat the procedure until all vertices of that corner are done. Do the same for all corners.
Date: March 03, 2007 02:38AM
Posted by: prayerson
Hi guys
Its good that you are working on the mirrors. I was wondering about if it was possible to add the side-engine covers and rear wheels + rear wing in the mirrors like the ones in GPL.

Is this possible in gp3?

Also is it possible to slim down to suspension bars on the front wheels in cockpit view! I can change the colour of them using a paint program,but still to figure out how to change their size.
(make them slimmer)
Date: March 03, 2007 10:29AM
Thanks for the responds.

@prayerson:
Try to work with Car Editor and edit axis Y and axis Z of suspension bars.

I won't tell you if you will like it or not.
You know... justa matter of opinion.(Actually editing cockpits is like doing two things simultaneously :You edit - you load the game - you edit - you load - edit - load, etc.)

When it comes to adding things to mirror view...I've no the foggiest idea. I don't think it's possible (I may be mistaken,though).

P.S. Last night I managed to edit mirrors in the way I wanted but now I cannot see those small bars supporting mirrors. It looks strange because the mirrors seem to hang in the air, besides I can't see the lower boundaries of the mirrors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2007 10:34AM by abdelkader.
Re: Car Editor - mirrors - a HUGE REQUEST
Date: March 03, 2007 12:42PM
Hey , I've uploaded my cockpit shape. The only thing that needs improvement is the left hand mirror.

[www.sendspace.com]

I want any of you to download it and follow these steps:

-Please make the LEFT hand mirror look like the RIGHT hand mirror. The right mirror looks good for me.

-DO NOT edit ANY other features of the cockpit. (it looks so weird because I use software mode)

-check if it looks correct in SOFTWARE MODE (I can't use hardware myself, that's why)

-use the following camera position:
X coord: 0
Y coord: 8
Z coord: 29

Direction: 0
Pitch: -1
Roll: 0

Thank you in advance for your enormous efforts and kindness. :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2007 12:46PM by abdelkader.
Date: March 04, 2007 01:23PM
Hi
I not sure about why the left mirror is that way!
It maybe a software mode Issue.

I've looked around the car editor for the x and y of the suspension bars ,but I could'nt find them . Do you know where the x and y settings are located in the car editor!

cheers
Date: March 04, 2007 01:26PM
You just open Car Editor, import texture from gp3.exe, click twice on suspension bar texture and you see a window with three coordinators which can be edited. You just experiment with them and look at the texture to check what changes occur after applying different numbers.

When you change X coord - you can move a texture from left to right and vice versa.
When you change Y coord - you can move a texture up or down.
when you change Z coord - you can push a texture forward or retract it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2007 01:32PM by abdelkader.
Date: March 04, 2007 01:41PM
Thanks abdelkader

for the info on the suspension bars

how did you go with the mirrors any progress
Date: March 04, 2007 01:59PM
prayerson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> how did you go with the mirrors any progress

No progress... even worse, to be honest. :(

Date: March 05, 2007 02:31PM
I checked out the car editor on the suspensions bars and it looks like you can only move the bars around !

Is there a way to slim down the bars or make the bars thinner
Date: March 05, 2007 05:38PM
I don't know if there's a way to do it as I 've never tried it... Try to edit everything about bars. maybe some day you'll figure it out...

I figured it out myself with cockpits which didn't want to work in software mode.

Remember that there are many points which should be edited. Sometimes you forget to edit one point and the rest looks awful .

Sorry, I can't help you more. :(

Sometimes when I have a problem, I download some cockpits and compare how they look, how they're edited and if I like something I just copy it to my work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2007 05:39PM by abdelkader.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy