How to make ccs faster?

Posted by Lucasjeha 
How to make ccs faster?
Date: February 26, 2007 02:37AM
Posted by: Lucasjeha
Hi, I am playing with the 2002 Formula Nippon carset but there is a problem as the engine BHP is low the ccs are too slow in the acceleration and it makes them too easy to overtake, my acceleration is so much bigger than them, in every lap i am almost 3 seconds faster, how can i change that? How can i make them faster or make me slower in the acceleration? I tried to create a physic but I am a @#$%& doing that the results were a physic that a spin flips my car :s Someone can help me?

Re: How to make ccs faster?
Date: February 26, 2007 07:39AM
Posted by: drafi5
There is a F 3000 Physics 2002.file made by Marko Penttinen, maybe you
can use it.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: February 26, 2007 10:23AM
Posted by: RRRReméééédiooo
Belini told me this issue could be fixed by using his patches (I guess it would need a programer to make that tool he did ask some months ago).
Date: February 26, 2007 11:25AM
Posted by: Brianf666
You should be able to balance things up with the Advanced Physics Editor. Specifically, acceleration can be changed quite a bit with linear grip factors and the XYZ inertia values (though that may have been the cause of your 'flipping' - go easy with the changes). Failing that you can give percentage power and grip in each track's magic data. I don't know if there is an overlap of tracks with F1 but having a complete and separate Formula Nippon set installed would seem to make sense. Then you can do a simple switch to it with GPxPatch.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: February 26, 2007 02:12PM
Posted by: alexsio
drafi5 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is a F 3000 Physics 2002.file made by Marko
> Penttinen, maybe you
> can use it.
>
> Happy racing from Germany !!!

where I can find it?
Date: February 26, 2007 06:54PM
Posted by: belini
physics won't make any difference, lol2k is making a bhp patcher for gp32k
and gp4, gp3 works different so no fix.

read more here:
[www.grandprixgames.org]

it's really best not to mess with the physics, if anything it will make things
worse, only safe values are brake force and tyre grip, but don't go mad with
the grip:)

gp32k users should use the gp4 physics editor

pk

Date: February 26, 2007 07:33PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
in this period I'm playing the A1Gp season in Gp3 2000 and in some tracks I'm ridiculously faster that everyone. But I solved the problem reducing my grip value to 14000. Dunno if it's related to it but i selected also 'car power team dependant' which seems to take effect in some way. As Belini said, the human grip is fixed to 16384 but that way worked for me. Indeed when I 'need' to race in the back of the grid reducing my grip makes me race where i expect...

-------------------------------
Date: February 27, 2007 02:37PM
Posted by: Lucasjeha
Thanks for all the informations guys :) I did some changes in the physic and looks like it worked but it worked so well that I am too much slower than the cc now LOL I'll try to change some things to make the physics better. I only would like to know, there is a way to edit cc setup?

Date: February 27, 2007 08:38PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
in the md the first values are related to wings and gear ratio of the c-cars
plus a couple of other stuff like air resistance and maybe ride height...

-------------------------------
Date: February 28, 2007 12:13AM
Posted by: wvdriel
Just give the cc cars more grip and than reduce the laptime to the one they did before.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy