Silverstone Car setup?

Posted by bestobritish 
Silverstone Car setup?
Date: February 11, 2007 10:34PM
Posted by: bestobritish
Just wondering what kind of set up does everyone use for silverstone?

For most of the track I have a really good balance, but im struggling with massive understeer through Chapel. This then leaves me really exposed down the hanger straight!

Any ideas?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Silverstone Car setup?
Date: February 11, 2007 11:10PM
Posted by: Diax F1
What do you do going into Chapel?
Date: February 12, 2007 12:23AM
Posted by: bazza_racer
try adding a degree or two on to the front wing - but not too much because it'll slow you down a little. and play around with the suspension a quick way might be to stiffen the front roll bar.

small changes but they should work.

"Racing is LIFE. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen.
Date: February 12, 2007 02:13AM
Posted by: Brianf666
I use very conservative settings at Silverstone. Soft suspension with packing, quite a lot of wing and put up with around 185 down Hangar. The few seconds of someone trying to pass there is more than compensated in late braking and the grip on the tight sections. Enough anti-roll at front to keep it tidy but not to ruin tyres. This can give a 2-stop option.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: February 12, 2007 12:03PM
Posted by: dada
go to old downloads ---> Gp3 ---> Misc

and download the "2005 Gp3 Hotlaps Top 5 Setups"

It will help you much

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2007 12:04PM by dada.
Date: February 12, 2007 05:48PM
basically the car setup I use is 18 front wing 16 rear wing with a stiff front antiroll bar and a softer rear bar. Its not really the top speed that gets me into trouble on the hanger straight its the long time it takes me to get on the power even if I take a wider line by sacrificing speed through the previous corner.

But il give that set up a try later this evening, cheers.

Date: February 12, 2007 06:01PM
well i think a 18-16 gave p1 at 05 hotlap season ....

Date: February 12, 2007 08:46PM
How much fun is Copse corner with these setups, I was flining it in at around 175mph and they just stay glued to the track. Using the set up, I believe by HlaingZawlay (it came 3rd) i got my best time down to 1.23.349. This is using a keyboard and a 2006 renault with 750bhp :)

Date: February 12, 2007 09:06PM
I use keyboard and 740bhp toyota lump in the '07 Williams. I can just about hold pace after a few laps due to my soft suspension giving better tyre life but best are setting at around 1.20.500 give or take a few hundredths. Remember the '07's will have a bit less grip so I may be a bit optimistic with my settings.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: February 12, 2007 09:37PM
1m20?? I think my physics settings are well out..... which leads me onto my next question! How do I update the game to 2006 physics settings as I cant be that slow!! I have had a look but couldnt see anything.

Cheers.

Date: February 13, 2007 11:39AM
ι think that no one made a 2006 physics file ...the last i saw was a 2005 and it was made by Mario Superonic .... available here [old.grandprixgames.org]

also use gp3edit ...to edit the BHP values

Date: February 15, 2007 06:25PM
Mmmmm lots of us made '06 physics but I use Advanced Physics Editor and load the resulting file through GP3xPatch. I'm sure its in the old downloads.
Here's my '07 file to get you started.
[formula1.lilirose.net]

Then you'll need to edit the magic data files to get each circuit somewhere near what it should be. So much fun you will have.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: February 15, 2007 07:24PM
Posted by: drafi5
I will try it out, Brian, also can use the GP4 preseason set by Mariano
Di Carlo (MDC).

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: February 16, 2007 01:24AM
Drafi, I just tipped the tyre grip down a fraction and played with the weight distribution. Like the FW29 it leaves the car pretty easy to set up and responds well to changes. I worked out that last year I had the balance wrong and it was a pain to get the setups right. So realistic!
I must spend less time on GP3 and more on life. It's slipping away.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: June 09, 2008 02:19PM
Posted by: Mr_Fossy
I know this is a super old thread, but it saved my skin. My wings were so bad i just saved 3 seconds a lap trying the suggestions here! The manual said medium downforce? it lies =(
Date: June 30, 2008 12:52PM
Posted by: peppekk
Hi,
I am the next one to struggle at Silverstone :(
I read your replies and tried to use them but still I am quite far behind the opponents.
Details:
I play 2008 season with physics by marianodc for 2008. I keep the same level of opponents from track to track (I put in md file alwya around 10000 for cc cars grip and power). I play Renault (jumped in Nelsinho's cockpit). Usually I am 0,5s off in quali and about the same in race from the best time. In Silverstone I am over 1,5s off the pole in quali. I noticed that I am losing 0,5s in S1, another 1s in S2 and no lost in S3. Notabene: Alonso is only 0,7s off the pole.
Here are my setups:
- Brake Balance R 42.250:57.750 L
- F wing 19, R wing 16
- Gears 28:64, 36:64, 42:64, 47:64, 51:64, 55:64
- Front anti-roll 4000, rear anti-roll 200
- Differential High
- Packers rear 20mm, front 20mm
- Ride heigth rear 61.0mm, front 36.0mm
- Spring rear 1070 lb/in, front 1500 lb/in

Maybe you can open my mind on something I can not see? Where are the areas to improve?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy