REQUEST TO WEBMASTER: General Discussion Forum

Posted by Glyn 
Re: REQUEST TO WEBMASTER: General Discussion Forum
Date: May 29, 2002 05:49AM
Posted by: Gusto
lighten up guys ;-) you all know that a nice big OT in front of your post let's everyone know that it might just be a lil' bit "OT" ;-) and hey, when it comes to OT posts who can forget some of the classics like the blue whale thread and the more recent insanity thread series, occasional OT posts as long as they are so marked and not misleading are what makes this forum such a great place. I'd rather not see another board, I'm struggling to keep up now as it is :-), I'll agree with qwerty and LS on this one. Have fun guys, hmmmm, what stupid OT can I come up with next hehehe........

the artist formerly known as
Date: May 29, 2002 07:07AM
Posted by: Timm
I agree with LS

Besides, if you want my opinion you'd better ask my wife

Date: May 29, 2002 07:24AM
Posted by: chris
LOL Tim!!

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: May 29, 2002 09:04AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Just to add my opinion:

The only reason we post Ot stuff in here is because in the old days there used to be only this forum, so all the BS (which is good BS cause it makes the forum worthwhile reading) was posted in here. And its kinda stuck. I dunno about another forum, im having trouble keeping up on all the sstuff anyway :S

Date: May 29, 2002 11:14AM
Posted by: Ellis
"Besides, if you want my opinion you'd better ask my wife"

LOL!!!!!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 29, 2002 05:33PM
Posted by: LS.
could we please have a reply to this question ?

i have had a post removed that could be said was not motorsport related, but it did feature a rally car

ellis had a few posts removed not so long ago as well, and did'nt recieve any info as to why.

could we perhaps being some correspondence the webmasters and the forum users please?

if we could be given a off topic section then maybe things like would'nt arise.

a reply from a moderator would be very much appreciated.

thank you in advance

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: May 29, 2002 11:51PM
Yeah, but we have asked for many answers, but never seem to get them... :S

Date: May 30, 2002 04:49AM
Posted by: Gusto
Bruno will not reply to your posts re deleted items, don't ask why, he just doesn't take any notice ;-) He rarely posts to the forum as some of you may have noticed so I guess it's just pot luck as to wether an OT is removed or not and I'm guessing server space is pretty much at a premium so another forum is unlikely, I'm hoping things stay just as they are ;-)

the artist formerly known as
G'day all...

Yeah I don't particularly want an off topic forum. In fact, I'd go as far as to say I'd rather an amalgameted F1 and GP3 forum, like how it was. Sure, at times discussion got quite far out from Gp3, but it made it so much easier to contribute major opinions and arguments than making smaller comments in a variety of forums to keep up with the talk.

But that's probably just me :)

Date: May 30, 2002 09:41AM
Nah not just you mike, same here

Date: May 30, 2002 12:08PM
Well if you dont want one, then you dont have to go into it :P

Others could could use it if they wanted to? :S

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
G'day all...

yeah, I understand that Ellis. I think it's great there's an f1 forum, you and LS and ALex are just a few of the many who post in it a lot. All i was saying was I'd prefer an amalgamated one.

Date: May 31, 2002 10:17AM
Posted by: _Alex_
I'd rather things stayed as they are too. The Grand Prix 3 forum effectively doubles as a general discussion forum and I don't think the admins have a particualr problem with that...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 31, 2002 05:58PM
"The Grand Prix 3 forum effectively doubles as a general discussion forum and I don't think the admins have a particualr problem with that..."

duno where you get that from alex, they are deling posts all the time.

I try to be nice, warm people about a possible hacker in my MSN account and tell them to block it and not answer the person- what to they do? They del the warning thread

that was nice..........

Date: June 01, 2002 03:44AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Maybe they've deleted the posts before I even see them then! I remember they deleted the Counter-Strike thread which was annoying, but other than that I haven't noticed any more being deleted. Perhaps I'm not paying attention...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 01, 2002 04:32AM
yeah, theres been a few that i have heard bout whihc i didnt notice, mainly cos i wasnt in them

Date: March 08, 2003 04:56AM
Well we did get an off topic forum :)

Date: March 08, 2003 08:53AM
LOL Chris! Bringing back dead posts are we?

Date: March 08, 2003 11:23AM
memories :( ;-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy