Random CTD

Posted by matthew13666 
Random CTD
Date: January 08, 2007 10:40PM
Posted by: matthew13666
I'm using a custom carset. (a comination of various F1 cars and a few i painted myself) and everytime i run the race at Bahrain (Belini's 2004 version) the game crashes when the cars reach Turn 1.

I'm using GP3 v1.13 along with GPxPatch v3.83. I also can't start the game in Debug mode as i get a message:

"An error has occured" And although i can open the log to see what the error was i've no idea how to interpret the log file.
Re: Random CTD
Date: January 08, 2007 11:04PM
Posted by: Brianf666
I'ts always a graphics error. I have the same thing with several tracks and am looking at winXP sp2 as the possible cause when allied with Firefox 2 which may also be squandering resources. Please post your windows version and main programs so I can start to nail this one down. The best solution is to make a win98 partition just for GP3 but trying to convince Win98 to install alongside WinXP is quite another matter. My latest plan is to put it on an old spare disk with my WinXP disk removed and then install the WinXP disk and do a re-install of XP so it dual boots.
Did someone mention adding Linux?

Brian

Nico bites yer tyres!
Re: Random CTD
Date: January 09, 2007 05:35AM
Posted by: matthew13666
Well I run Win XP Pro with SP2.

Perhaps run in compatability mode?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy