How to achieve this view?

Posted by maverick31210 
How to achieve this view?
Date: January 07, 2007 04:44AM
Posted by: maverick31210

I saw this online and liked it very much. However I do not know how to get it. Please help. Thank you.
Re: How to achieve this view?
Date: January 07, 2007 09:00AM
Posted by: vbc
You need to download Belini's cockpits and visors, besides the generic GP4 steering wheel, those are available in the downloads section.

Thanks GP3Hotlaps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2007 09:02AM by vbc.
Date: January 07, 2007 12:36PM
Posted by: SuperSonic
It's actually one of my cockpit shapes, don't remember which one though. However vbc is correct about the visor/steering wheel.

You'll also need to change the cockpit view point to get this lower view. Download my carshapes and you'll be able to find everything you need but visors/steerting wheel/cockpit textures.
Date: January 07, 2007 11:45PM
Posted by: maverick31210
Once I download them, how do I put them in. GP3 editor?
Date: January 08, 2007 09:03PM
Read gp3form.txt :)
Date: January 15, 2007 11:23AM
Posted by: MarkWS
I've always found the cockpits to be excellent by SuperSonic but wanted a lower view! I managed this using Belini's exe file. I'm after making it slightly lower still but, am not sure how to do this in car editor. There must be an easy way to editor the cockpit shape, mirrors etc in Car Editor. Does anyone know where there is any documentation for this?

Regards
Date: January 17, 2007 09:58PM
You need Cockpit Camera Editor by Frank Triggs.

I thought my 2005 shape featured this editor... actually, it was a plan for the unreleased 2006 shape, because the link isn't working:

[homepage.ntlworld.com]

Should/Can I upload it without Frank's consent?

Once you have this editor, just follow the instructions of my 2005 shape.
Date: January 18, 2007 10:29AM
Posted by: drafi5
You find the Cockpit Camera Editor for GP3 and 2k in the "Misc" section on my homepage [http://www.drafi5.freewebspace4all.de/]

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: January 19, 2007 02:38PM
Posted by: MarkWS
Thanks SuperSonic and Drafi.. I've got it and it works a treat. Makes those cockpits spot on now. The problem I've had is a flickering at the bottom of the screen. I've read this is a bug. I've tried to alter pitch to ease it. I'm sure it varies with use of different steering wheels but I don't know why that should be the case...?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy