HOW TO ADD AN OBJECT "Basic Tutorial" for GP3Track Editor

Posted by prayerson 
what do you mean with duplication?
- If you want to place the exactly same building in 2 different polace just do CTRL-C CTRL-V where you want.
- If you want to place the same building but a different distance from the track or on the other side of the track you have to create a new object definition with the new distance.
- If you want to create a new building with different dimensions or new texture you have to import a new internal object and assign to it a new object definition.

as i said in the tutorial, the object definition assign the position to an object and you can make all the copy you want of that object. But if you edit the coordinates of the object definition, all the objects placed and related to it will move too...

-------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2007 08:31PM by R_Scandura.
"Duplication" is copy a object and paste into another track sector

I hear what you are saying Rob and I agree with you. Its just that I had some issues with some of the buildings in the phoenix track that i'm working on at the moment.

There was one issue when i made a copy of a building and placed it in a certain location of the track ,but when it came to fine tuning of the position of that building everytime i moved that building (angled the degree of its position) All of the buildings of that type would move on the angle as well so i would have a building that was in a position that i was happy with and the other same types would be off or out of position.
I see, your is the case 2 then. Just assign an object definition to the first building and another object definition to the second building. If you need to place a third building of the same kind, assign another O.D.
hope it helps

Been trying to get this to work :

to create another object definition for a copy or duplicate building or object ,do I have to go to the "object\jam" tab in the menu and click on "insert new object definition" or do i just go into the object defintion list in the track tree ,and create another definition box. Do i change the offset number? and the id1 number?.

I did what you said about the creating another "object definition"
but i did'nt know what to do next! i did try some changes but nothing happens ,can someone give me the final step to this.

also can someone tell me how to get a jam id number to work with an object!

Example: I export an building or object from another track into my experiental track. then i give it an identity through the object definition tree. Thats the easy part! Now some jam id numbers from other tracks will conflict with my experimental track jam id's .

so my question is how do i get the jam id numbers to match the object that i just placed in my track ! I used the jam editor to change some id numbers so they would'nt clash with the id's that are already in the track. I did change those id's but the textures did not show up on the object.

Even when you check to see if the changed id number is in the jam files of the track tree of the editor,the changed id number is there!

any ideas anyone!!!
> to create another object definition for a copy or
> duplicate building or object ,do I have to go to
> the "object\jam" tab in the menu and click on
> "insert new object definition" or do i just go
> into the object defintion list in the track tree
> ,and create another definition box. Do i change
> the offset number? and the id1 number?.

If you want to duplicate the same building but place it in a different way, yes, go to object/jam and select "insert new object definition" . Press F5 to make it appear. Open it from the track tree and select the id1 of your building and set the distance. Then right-click on the track sector with using the track tool and insert a new object. it will tell you to locate an object definition and you select the one you created.

> I did what you said about the creating another "object definition"
> but i did'nt know what to do next! i did try some
> changes but nothing happens ,can someone give me the final step to this.

Same as above. Create the object definition, insert your options and place it in the track as said. You should read the tutorial part called 'Placing objects' for more info

> also can someone tell me how to get a jam id number to work with an object!
>
> Example: I export an building or object from
> another track into my experiental track. then i
> give it an identity through the object definition
> tree. Thats the easy part! Now some jam id
> numbers from other tracks will conflict with my
> experimental track jam id's .
>
> so my question is how do i get the jam id numbers
> to match the object that i just placed in my track
> I used the jam editor to change some id numbers
> so they would'nt clash with the id's that are
> already in the track. I did change those id's but
> the textures did not show up on the object.
>
> Even when you check to see if the changed id
> number is in the jam files of the track tree of
> the editor,the changed id number is there!

when you import a new object it's obvious that its jams will conflict with the ones existing. Most of the time you have to create a new jam file with your textures and new jam id. then expand the object in the track tree and locate the 'texture data'. there is a box where to entry the jam id and there you have to put the new id. Do not touch the existing jams or you will mess everything.
Download the tutorial 'Shaping objects' for more about this.

The tutorial tells the same thing I wrote here so as VBC said the matter is still read, read.. :-P

good luck

Thanks Rob

I see I 've got it fixed i overlooked the shaping objects tutorial spending hours on the editor in one section can have its toll.
I just overlooked it thanks again for the info .
Hi

Can anyone help me out ,the track editor has been working fine until now. Everytime I go to load a jam texture into the track editor after inserting an object ,I get the message "RefreshTree Mode not supported for this type".!

I do insert jams through the game's directory in the .jams folder not .jamsh . Its doing this each time now! .I even deleted some of the objects and jams of those objects and reinserted them ,but with no aval!! The jam texture dos' go through into the game ,but they appear in a very basic blurred image!!!!!

I rebooted the system to start afresh ,but it still there.

can anybody help in this area.!

cheers Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2007 05:16AM by prayerson.
Does the new texture have the same size?
Sometimes textures look because of their size strange in the game.
It's not necessary always, but sometimes you should use a texture size:
64*64 or 64*128 or 128*64 or 128*128 ...........................
Yes! They are the same size ,because some textures are from other tracks and the ones that I'm having trouble with are the one's that i use through the jam editor!

What i do is i pick out a jam texture from another track ,then if the texture id number clashes with my track id's jams ,then i change the id using the jamtool or jameditor 1.5 .I also fill up other jam files in my track folder .JAMS and .JAMSH . ,so i don't have hundred's of jam files filling up my jams folder or my jamsh folder.

I do create spaces for the textures to go in the jam files using the jam editor. Maybe the problem is moving textures into other jam files.!

I hope this help explains ,but if you have any ideas it would be much appeicated.

thanks in advance
Well, if you change the id of the jams be careful:
[www.waa63.ch]

Thanks GP3Hotlaps
prayerson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can anyone help me out ,the track editor has
> been working fine until now. Everytime I go to
> load a jam texture into the track editor after
> inserting an object ,I get the message
> "RefreshTree Mode not supported for this type".!

this message is normal when you insert a jam in the editor. Just click the button on the message and see the new jam inserted.

For the rest i have not understood a single word. Do the jams appear poor inside the game or inside the editor? In the editor the jams seem to usually appear in a weird way.

Hi Rob
Thanks for your reply .The textures only come up blurred in the game. They are fine in the jam editor.
Thanks to Plinio ,he explained to me how to adjust the cmd arguments in the internal objects definitions section of the track editor. It was basically increasing the times rate of the jam texture. so i icreased the texture 8 times to 2048 and it worked good.

thanks guys for all your support.
Hi everyone

Working with the track editor in adding objects like buildings I've been noticing some buildings would flash through the walls and other buildings . Is there a way of correcting this !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2007 01:46PM by prayerson.
Hi everyone

Working with the track editor in adding objects like buildings I've been noticing some buildings would flash through the walls and other buildings . Is there a way of correcting this !
????

which walls? the track walls? maybe it is not far enough from the walls so part of it still falls into the track.

bleeding with other buildings can be because there is a viewing order between objects so an object with a lower offset will be show before or part of a building can be covered by another object even though placed behind it or maybe you enabled the 'show before fences' in the object dialog box and some other funny issues. post a screenshot to have an idea of what you mean

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2007 08:11PM by R_Scandura.
Thanks Roberto for your reply

some of the buildings would bleed through the track walls . I checked out what you said about the "show before fences" option in the track object definitions editor of the building.In this particular situation ,the building that is bleeding through the track wall the option was set on "shadow" ,so I changed it to "low detail" that was all that was avalible .I did notice that some objects, would have the "full detail" option .Woops hangon I just double-checked and now the full detail is there now and the shadow one has gone ,it must reset to other options ,I did set it to low-detail with a value of 100 in the first change .

There are different values for each area :

Detail level high=100
medium=64
low=2

shadow=192
house=3
ect,ect.

what is the ideal setting for buildings?. Is their setting 'detail level" followed by a value?

I have used different ones in the past but it would be good to know what is best for the diffent types of objects.

Thanks again for your veiws and ideas.

cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2007 04:38AM by prayerson.
Here are some images from the track i'm working on the extentions wall and fence objects. these walls are flashing everytime you drive pass them .I have tested both "show before fences"with fences on and without option and with all other options in that catorgory. There has been no change ,the walls still flash. I have bridged the default wall behind the extention wall ,to see if it was that but there was no change the wall still flashed.

ps: the extention wallfence is from the dallas track i hope its ok to use your objects and texture Roberto.

any ideas on this problem is much appreicated.

cheers

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2007 09:44AM by prayerson.
Re: HOW TO ADD AN OBJECT "Basic Tutorial" for GP3Track Editor
Date: February 06, 2007 01:25PM
Posted by: AAS
It is in a corner ?
Make more and shorter Track sections.

Maybe the stand is not far enough from the walls ?
I would love to add more sections in corners ,but i find when i do this ,it stuffs up the cc-line and thats abit more tricky.

Whats the best way to add more sections without upsetting the cc-line?

any ideas on this!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy