the fab world of GP3

Posted by bazza_racer 
the fab world of GP3
Date: December 28, 2006 09:50PM
Posted by: bazza_racer
hey guys,

just got a quick couple of questions really.

Had Grand Prix 3 for a while and sort of phased out of it, but i've just got into the whole editing thing, and found this expansion for it called "PERFECT GRAND PRIX TRACK PACK & EDITOR" Just wondered if anyone else uses it and what they think of it?

I myself am struggling with it a little. I'm not sure what program i'm supposed to use to edit the files, they will automatically open with the windows fax viewer, and from there can edit with paint, but once it's saved i cant export the file into the game...

any help would be gratefully appreciated.

many thanks

baz

"If in doubt go FLAT OUT!"

p.s. great work by the way guys some superb carsets, keeping the game alive!
Re: the fab world of GP3
Date: December 28, 2006 10:33PM
Posted by: quickslick
i've used it long time ago and it isn't really worth it to try, because there are so many really good tracks and other files available for download.
Date: December 29, 2006 05:59AM
Posted by: vbc
Oh, this is the first time I heard about something like that, could you please post images or links?

Thanks in advance

Thanks GP3Hotlaps
Date: December 29, 2006 11:27AM
It was released on the sold out software label, and in theory looks excellent, says you can modify just about everything... although as i'm finding out that's not quite the case. the main program you use is GP3 editor, which allows you to change driver/team and car information and settings and you can change all the graphics for the cars helmets i just havn't worked out how yet....

I'm really keen to do some modding but not sure this is a great tool to use??? should be ok for using as a goto, so i can transfer files into the game?

What programs and tools does everyone else use??
- to edit cars and helmets mainly....
- and how do you then get them into the game??

sorry if you've heard this all before,

many thanks

baz

Date: December 29, 2006 11:44AM
oh an just another quick question...

Do the majority of people use GP3 - 2000 when editing? are there any advantages to this? apart from having the new tracks...

baz

Date: December 29, 2006 12:43PM
Posted by: drafi5
If anyone is interested I can upload it on my homepage (6 MB ), you also
can install Indianapolis, Sepang and Monza 2000.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: December 29, 2006 05:56PM
Posted by: vbc
I am very curious Helmut, if it is not too much work or illegal to upload it I would aprecciate you do it.

@bazza_racer: I can not say anything about the editor now, but there are persons who play gp3 and gp3 2000, most of the editors available on internet work for both games, but some do not, then if someone edits gp3 or gp3 2000, it only depends on what game is that person using. Someone please correct me if I am wrong

Thanks GP3Hotlaps
Date: December 30, 2006 12:11AM
Posted by: quickslick
you are totally right vbc,i'm playing both games and have to use different editors for gp3 and gp3 2000, because not all editors works for both games. And i must say in some editing, gp3 is much easier
Date: December 30, 2006 12:41AM
suppose it depends what you're after... i wanted to update my cars drivers etc.. but i've realised i dont really have the talent yet to do this so i've downloaded some cars from marcos gp and they're brilliant!!

an hour ago i'd only just installed gp3 (again) and now i nearly have an updated 2006 game its mega!

thanks for all the help guys

bazza

"If in doubt go FLAT OUT!!"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy