my S*** computer

Posted by whyf1? 
my S*** computer
Date: May 24, 2002 04:09PM
Posted by: whyf1?
well its like this.

my uncle decided to give me his pc. i thought that having my own pc in my room would be cool so i took it from him.

this was really dumb. its a celeron 400h with 64mb of ram. i cant play gp3 now cos the processor ocupancy is like 300% and unplayable. it was 150% before i added the graphics card which is the 810that comes on the motherboard i think. anyway adding the card makes the game slower. i need hardware of i dont feel im getting the most from the game. i uptated everything i can think of but to no success. can you guys please help me play my game again.

sugestions on what i can do would be really helpfull.
Re: my S*** computer
Date: May 24, 2002 04:22PM
Posted by: LS.
firstly get some more ram, its dirt cheap so bin your 64mb of ram its worthless nowadays and get a stick of 256mb ( you can probably get it for £25 from a pc show)

you need to look at your mobo's website site to see how much you upgrade your processor to, sometimes they have BIOS updates which will give that bit extra, with you having a 400mhz cpu a faster processor for your board will be cheap,

alternatively you could try over clocking your cpu through your jumper settings/bios setting but make sure you stick a few more fans in your pc coz overclocking causes your cpu to process more info at a faster rate and subsequently makes it hotter, a cyclone fan would do the job.

i don't know what your financial situation is so if your on a limited budget get a decent video card, the geforce 2 mx are at a good price

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: May 24, 2002 04:24PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

300%?

My 350Mhz, 32Mb RAM ran it at 150% in one view. If you use the view from the front wing, where you can not see any of your car, and turn all deatils down then it coesm down a bit.

I had to run like this for ages, so i know how you fell :S

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 24, 2002 04:27PM
Posted by: maddog76
I have a celeron 533, 200 ram, and a voodoo 3 2000, and it runs nicely ( at 18fps in traffic).

You can probably get the celeron for 30 bucks, and the voodoo card real cheap.
Date: May 25, 2002 08:33AM
Posted by: whyf1?
yeh the thing is, when i am not in traffic it runs at 50% then when in traffic it goes to 300 or something stupid like that. when i played it on my other pc that was 433h it was about 90% in traffic so i dont know why there is a big change.
Date: May 25, 2002 08:42AM
Posted by: chris
Celerons arent great proccessors, not that I can talk with my p2 mmx!

Chris J

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: May 25, 2002 11:57AM
Yo Sup

Well thecop sounds old, it may not be able to take 256Mb RAM chips, maybe only 128, like my old PC.

Make sure the m'board can cope with any changes you do. You could overclock it and leave the cover off, like i do with my old PC atm. its gone from 350 to 390odd and its ok with the metal case off

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 27, 2002 06:53AM
Posted by: Habi
Ellis: you dont wanna see my case (-_-)
Date: May 27, 2002 09:10AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Habi is that a chat up line?

Date: May 27, 2002 11:32AM
Yo sup

LOL @ chris and Habi :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy