Phoenix 1991 Track Updated!!!!!

Posted by prayerson 
Re: Phoenix 1991 Track Updated!!!!!
Date: December 21, 2006 01:34PM
Posted by: prayerson
Thanks Rob for the tutorial on verges they are very helpful thanks for your time in putting the tutorial together!

I tryed to move and adjust the verges and i seam to get familar with the editor but I finding the editor to be touchy when testing .Sometimes the game dos'nt load after a change in the editor . I have the 2.20 version there is a 30.20 version and is alittle different to the 2.20 version. I also tryed adjusting the angles of the corner ad boards through the tables tab \object view and increasing the angle value ,but again when I go to save the .dat track file and go into the game to test the change ,it dos'nt load and crashes back to the windows desktop. Am I doing this correctly and is there a better way of adjusting the boards .

Any ideas on overcoming these problems
Date: December 21, 2006 03:40PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
probably you are doing fine. I guess the problem you have has to do with the bridged fences. This feature works only with at least 3 units bridged. As i shown in the gif I bridged together the amount of 3 units. If it is the case and you have 2 only units bridged, split the last straight sector (before the curved ones) making a short sector at the end and bridge it with the other curved one to collect 3 unit.

-------------------------------
Date: December 22, 2006 02:05PM
What do you mean by "units"? .Do you mean sectors of the track?
Date: December 22, 2006 05:17PM
no, the sectors are the segments tou select when you click on the track. Sectors are made by units. A sector with length=10 in example means it is a sector of 10 units.

Date: December 23, 2006 07:13AM
Now I'm having trouble with the track editor!

It dos'nt want the run the game after I use the editor. Everytime I open a dat file using the editor the track dos'nt load .I even tested the editor by going into a dat file using the editor,then pressing the save button in the editor without doing anything (no changes to anything)no changes to values not anything !!! and I place the dat file back into the game .Go to run the game and it crashes back to desktop! Tryed to reinstall the editor but its the same problem . Whats the best version I've got v2.20 .Would it be better to go to an older version? Any Ideas .
Date: December 23, 2006 09:50AM
everytime you save a dat file in the editor you have to insert again the magicdata with the CMagic. Take again the original Phoenix from the zip where it came and extract the magicdata and insert it in your file.

Date: December 23, 2006 12:52PM
There's no md files in the phoenix.zip just jam files and also in the game's installed phoenix track files .I do have cmagic zip ? do i install the cmagic zip .Because when I double clicked on the cmagic.exe it asked for the track file ,but when I selected the phoenix track ,no cmagic files were there . Do I have to create a cmagic track file to make the game take the track.! The track will work if I throw the dat file straight from the zip!
Date: December 23, 2006 01:20PM
Posted by: drafi5
@ payerson:
The magic data for Phoenix 1991 are included in the 1991 F1 Pack, also the
dat.file in the circuits folder. You can use cmagic.exe to extract the md,
open Phonix.dat and choose "Edit" and "Get magic data from dat file", then
save the md.file.In alternate you can take the md.file from Major Tom
Magic 188 GP3.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: December 23, 2006 03:37PM
Thanks drafi5 for your help ,just trying to work out how to get the track editor to work with the magic files .Rob given some helpful tips I'll just keep at it till I'll get it going

thanks again guys you are a big help!!!!
Date: December 23, 2006 05:56PM
Has anyone know how to place patches on the track! Street circuits look more realistic with a patch here and there? I've managed to get some small patches going on the side tarmac in one of the jam files with the jam editor .I have seem it done on the main track a few years ago .

any ideas anyone!
Date: December 24, 2006 02:04PM
I'm still stuck with the track editor not working!!!
I'm working with the phoenix 2002 zip as the base of the track .What is the procedure of putting the cmagic files into the track? If the track dos'nt have the magic files in the zip , do I have to create magic files for this track?

How is this done! I tryed different ways with using the cmagic.exe The cmagic program creates 3 files magic01.md , Phoenix2002_gp3.bak and Phoenix2002_gp3 and places them in the circuits folder of the game .

But still I get the crash to desktop.! Do these files go somewhere else in the game folders?

any ideas
Date: December 26, 2006 03:10PM
Posted by: bonyardboy
enyone have the phoenix track from 1989 by italo luis daru with this track layout:

Date: December 27, 2006 03:39AM
Interesting track!! Was this 1989 Phoenix track made for gp3? .If the track version your looking for is not avalible you can change the track layout with the editor.

Getting back to the track editor I managed to get Phoenix track from the 91trackpak working with the track editor .After looking around the net about trouble shooting with the track editor ,I ticked the "LOG ASSERTIONS" under the debug mode in the GPX patch and the Track editor seems to work with the Phoenix 91 DAT file. But I still can't get Phoenix2002 DAT to work with the track editor .I worked out how to insert the magic or MD files into the Phoenix91 DAT file using cmagic . Has anyone worked with these tracks before?
Are there any limitations with these tracks

Any ideas on how to set up the patch and cmagic to work with track editor would be much appeciated
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy