Pre-1994 seasons fuel and tyres

Posted by ppotenza 
Pre-1994 seasons fuel and tyres
Date: December 13, 2006 04:24PM
Posted by: ppotenza
Dear GP3 fiend,
is possible to simulate season in object, without pit-stop, racing with the same tyre a complete grand-prix and without refuelling during race????
Obviously also AI cars must follow same format (i.e. using patch like GP3Pit&LapEditor).
Please if someone know how to do reply in the forum how I can do.
Thank you to all.
Re: Pre-1994 seasons fuel and tyres
Date: December 13, 2006 04:30PM
Posted by: dada
i think is again a Magic data matter

I dont know if fuel consumption has anythink to do but is clear at MD file that gives a pit stop summary ( laps - windows etc )

20480 ; pre pit speed limit
16892 ; fuel consumption 1
17207 ; fuel consumption 2
4470 ; cc shuffler???
60 ; a segment nr before which flag 0x80 in car.flags_ce is not cleared
96290 ; timing factor? (dword!)
-470 ; timing factor finetune? (dword!)
14666 ; helps decide if a tyre set needs changing? (dword!)
13000 ; same as above (dword!)
30 ; rain chance
6 ; segment nr (start of some range)
6 ; segment nr (end of some range)
512 ; another perf factor
16000 ;
0 ;
0 ; pitstop group 1 %
0 ; stop 1
0 ; pit window 1
0 ;
0 ;
0 ;
0 ;
0 ;
93 ; pitstop group 2 %
14 ; stop 1
8 ; pit window 1
29 ; stop 2
9 ; pit window 2
0 ;
0 ;
0 ;
7 ; pitstop group 3 %
15 ; stop 1
1 ; pit window 1
28 ; stop 2
1 ; pit window 2
39 ; stop 3
1 ; pit window 3

I suggest to you to visit Roberto Scandura's GP3 page and read the MagiG Data section ....may be the Info there will help you to change the values of the MD file and have a non-pit stop race

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2006 04:34PM by dada.
Date: December 13, 2006 06:18PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
100; pitstop group 1 %
X; stop 1
4 ; pit window 1

to race without pitstops (no tyre changes no refuelling) this should be a solution. Put X as the number of laps the race is. In few words, set all the cars to pit at the last lap of the race so all will skip the stop.

-------------------------------
Date: December 15, 2006 06:04PM
Posted by: ppotenza
Hi Roberto,
thank you for your great jobs and for suggestion, but I have one doubt: cause I use GP3PitLapEditor to change number of laps on original 16 GP (I load on them only md file no GP3INFO) I need to make your procedure before or after I use GP3PitLapEditor? Or you could suggest to me also how to load in original GP the GP3INFO?
Thank you and merry christmas to all.

P.S. Sono italiano e se avessi trovato sul tuo sito un numero di cellulare ti avrei chiamato per chiederti le info sopra. Ma tu sei italiano?
Date: December 18, 2006 10:09AM
ciao, si sono italiano. Non uso il GP3PitLapEditor perciò non saprei come agisce però per sicurezza prima cambia il numero di giri e fai tutte le modifiche e solo alla fine reimporta il file md modificato

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2006 10:10AM by R_Scandura.
Date: December 19, 2006 10:18PM
Posted by: bdtj1815
Some time ago I tried to simulate races with no pit stops. Although Roberto is right about editing the magic data, although I think it is better to make the first pit stop at the race length plus one, there are some problems.

1. The cc cars can find it very difficult, especially at certain tracks, to race with 70, 80 or even 90 laps worth of fuel.

2. Whilst tyre wear does not effect the cc cars it is impossible (I think) to make the human tyres last a full race length without changing.

3. The races are very processional, as each cc driver with the same fuel load just drives at their best speed with no overtaking. Try running a test race with all cc cars and look at the lap chart at the end. I can almost guarentee the race order will not change from the end of the first lap to the end of the race, barring pitting for mechanical problems. This in itself is a problem as a car with fresh tyres late in a race will be unrealistically fast.

Don't forget that for much of the 80's there were pits stops but for new tyres only, but they were much slower: about the length of modern pit stops with re-fuelling. I am afraid I cannot see a way of realistically representing non-stop races.
Date: December 21, 2006 08:53AM
quite true. Of course these are all experiments. The Gp3 AI is not coded to race without pitstops like it's not coded for any qually system over the original one. You can play around with the values but never will get a perfect result. Personally I used the no-stop system only for the short races like Sprint races and almost never for long runs...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy