Why Sports Car GT is still the best *With (great) pics*

Posted by Anonymous User 
Why Sports Car GT is still the best *With (great) pics*
Date: May 24, 2002 10:43AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Ok, Loads of ppl have been going on about how amazing F1 2001 patches are for Sports Cars (ALMS for example) but i still believe that Sports Car GT beats it hands down for the folloing reasons:

* As good or better graphics (even though the game is 4 years old)
* Better Handling - alot more lifelike
* Great Ai
* ABility to Race up to 2880 Minutes (48 hours :P )
* ~15 tracks standard
* Over 200 quality ones to download
* Hundereds of Carsets to download
* Great Online community (not a good of this of course :P )
* Multiplayer Support
* Best damage (need a patch) and damage effects to handling that i have ever seen
* Millions of cockpits - great quality
*Ability to have a separate cockpits for each car
* Rain and night conditions
* Loads of editable cameras
* Lots of tweaking options that you can actually feel
* Ful size Le mans
* Full size Nurburgring nearly ready
* Much More
* And more

Here are some pics:

All alone on a beta version of the ring

At Hockenheim using ferrari carset

F1 Carset @ Spa, at night

A Crash at Bathurst:

Re: Why Sports Car GT is still the best *With (great) pics*
Date: May 24, 2002 10:48AM
And some more

A track that is in fact a small interactive city :D

Yet another muck up at bathurst

Bad quality Cockpits view (MS is just about to knock me off):

well it was the best, but i mean everyone has moved over to F1 200X, and when you see the quality of the FIA gt set or JGTC set (converted from scgt, you realise that this game is now sadly well out dated, i still play it sure because of the divercity of tracks, cars and series i can race, but the future, even for sportscar racing is F1200X
My band of the week Blackalicious
Date: May 24, 2002 11:41AM
Andrew - WEll maybe in years to come, but not until they get that @#$%&. physics/handling problem sorted out with the f1 200X series. I mean, i want to feel as though im driving a car, not a mario cart

Yo Sup

Well get new physics chris. You get it with the carsets

IMHO, this game looks crap. Ok, its 4 years old, but how can anyone say that it looks better than the ALMS mod?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
IMHO, this game looks crap.

Ditto, and plays crap. I got this game free with my steering wheel and thank god it was free. It reminds me of Ridge Racer on the Playstation all those years ago, and that's never a good sign from a game that's meant to be a sim.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
What about Le Mans 24 h?? Is that a good game? I mean Graphics and handeling of the car. I'm considering to get that game but I need some of your thoughts. So....

Yo Sup

Exactly Alex

So how come everyone was saying this looks ebtter than the ALMS mod? This game loks terrible. Ok, the flames out the exhust is kool idea, bt it needs to be done well.

The more i look at it, the worse i think it is. Whats that Ferrari F1 car about? That looks horrible, especially the front wing/nose section

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
SCGT is an excellent game, and it was only a few months ago I installed it to continue my love affair :)

Only to discover the sound crackles. I have Win XP, SB Live 5.1 with correct and latest drivers.

Any ideas??

Yo Sup

Its the card mate, i have that in my old PC, and i put and older one in and its perfect.

The card done this with win98 too, i cant work it out

Are there any good games with GT cars???

Before you start slagging it off guys, i would play it with all the addons, because its absolutly top notch, ive been playing it for 4 years, and downloaded virtually everything, except now, its just been eclipsed by the like of the ALMS mod, or FIA GT mods for F1 2001
"its just been eclipsed by the like of the ALMS mod,"

Well it would only be eclipsed by it if the ALMS mod was better wouldnt it?

Is the handeling better then???

Looks rubbish I mean what's with the read letters on the pictures? :)
I think that's just Chris' annotations, m8.

Chris J

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: May 26, 2002 03:20AM
ERm not mine, someone elses (phew got outta that one ;) )

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy