GP3 Career Thread

Posted by Diax F1 
hmm.. apart from youre e-mail with the 91 track set which i thank you for i havent received other mails from ya :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Yeah. I have just noticed I got another f****g "return to sender" stuff :/ . I'll try again

<edit> All right. Now you have got a PM. It should be O.K. this time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2009 10:57PM by abdelkader.
Hi Abdelkader...just started a 1991 championship 100% I hope I will have as much fun like you have. Did some practise sessions on Phoenix and I really like that track, pitty it doesn't excist anymore in real F1.

Well just had to say that your not alone.

BTW I drive with the 1991carset aswell...guess...FERRARI naturaly

cu ;)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Hi. Actually, I didn't do 1991 championship. I did 1979, 1994 and 1995.

That's true, I've had a lot of fun doing this. I know I'm not gonna stop. I've gotten too deep :) Now it's GP2 but the next one, I think, will be Le Mans series.

Le mans, that would be interesting.

Great to see you are doing this aswell Brett. However 1991 Ferrari brought me only one 2nd place out of 10 races! lol. Oh and Alesi only 11 points. Then i decided to drive with the 1993 carset as Sauber, absolutely dominating. But thanks to some handy tips i could adjust the perf to a way that its harder to be competetive in a Sauber. Sadly with 4 races to go and 34 points ahead. I dont think it will help much :p At the moment i cant lly find the mix between the perf files. needs some testing from my side :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
@Rico :
Ben daar één keer geweest in Meppel, ligt in de provincie Drenthe is het nie...heb daar nog eens meegedaan aan de Drentsche fiets 4 daagse en daarna reizen we dan verder naar Friesland om daar de 11 steden tocht per fiets af te leggen te beginnen in Leeuwaarden,Sneek,Rijs,Bolsward,Harlingen/Franeker,Dokkum etc...

Allez groetjes van uit Oostende aan de Belgische Kust

BTW next year I go to 24H LeMans if I save some money enough and this year to Spa-Francorchamps ;)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
LOL, indeed you are correct. It is in Drenthe,

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Rico Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thanks to some handy tips i could adjust the perf
> to a way that its harder to be competetive in a
> Sauber. Sadly with 4 races to go and 34 points
> ahead. I dont think it will help much :p At the
> moment i cant lly find the mix between the perf
> files. needs some testing from my side :)

Hi Rico! Do you use the Belini Grip Patch? I had this great advantage where I used to be faster than the rest of the field by 1sec, while I tried to all the cars have the same performance. After using the patch, I imediatly lost that advantage.

Anyway, now to tried to be the same as the AI, I set the grip and power values to a default number. Then I set up the wings and gear ratio of my car the same as the AI and only mess with the suspension. So far, I managed to mantain some competitiveness with the AI.

Hope this helped u in anyway.

Chers.
@Racer#73, I had installed it. Good that you say it tho, because recently i patched my GP3.exe with the no cd patch. Mabey thats the reason why the belini patch is out of work ! Something for me to try again ! :p I'll let you guys know wether it works or not.

"If in doubt, Flat out."
That worked :) 1.5 seconds to slow in mclaren out of '94 and a '94 Williams makes me just a bit quicker thten Schumi on imola :p

"If in doubt, Flat out."
----------GP2 2007-----------

Race 1 - Sakhir, GP of Bahrain

I couldn't keep the pace of the others in the qualifyings and was the ery last on the grid - 22nd...what a humiliation. Pole for Filippi, 2nd for Conway, third for Pizzonia.

The race started really well for me. I managed to climb up to 4th withing first lap but then I started making mistakes which cost me a lot. I started dropping back, place after place, getting passed by my rivals. In lap eighth I lost traction in the last corner. When I got back on the track I was smashed by Ho Pin-Tung and finished the race. Now I'll have to start the sprint from 19th...What a horrible start of the season.

The winner - Pizzonia, 2nd - Conway, 3rd - Senna

Race 2(sprint). Again, I was unable to keep the pace and made lots of mistakes at the begining of the race. My only rival was Tung whom I managed to pass after some 6 laps. THen after the firt round of pit-stops I managed to climb even higher up to 10th but then I run wide and lost four places. In the second round of pit-stops I finally found myself in 17th. In the final lap I gained one more place as Pizzonia retired at my favourite corner at which I spun off twice during the weekend.

The winner - Conway, 2nd - Glock, 3rd - Zuber

Two races done and I'm scoreless here in Bahrain. Now it's time to think whether my performance here was just a temporary downfall or the real reflection of my abilities...time will show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2009 11:55AM by abdelkader.
Race 3 - Circuit de Catalunya, GP of Spain

I qualified third having high hopes for the race. Now I see that I can drive fast and the first weekend in Bahrain was just a small downfall. Glock and Zuber in front. I made a good start taking the lead...but here I made a mistake at the final corner of the track. I would have got back to the race ahdn't it been for the fact that I hit the barrier losing front wing and the left front wheel. I had to retire in first lap. A bitter race which could have been won but I f****d it all up...just can't find a more suitable word for that.

The winner - Glock, 2nd - Zuber, 3rd - di Grassi

Race 4(sprint) - I started from 22nd but soon started gaining positions. After seven laps I was already 3rd having Lapierre and di Grassi just in front. Then I spun off at the same corner I spun off at in the first race. Nothing wrong happened as I got back to the race intact but right after rejoining the race I was rammed by Tahinci and finished the race.

The winner - Zuber, 2nd - Lapierre, 3rd - Senna

I'm again scoreless but I know I can race...If only was I more lucky

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2009 12:59PM by abdelkader.
Race 5 - Streets of Monte Carlo, GP of Monaco

I was very fast in the qualifying session and quickly set an extremely fast lap. I thought I'd get pole position while di Grassi, in his last attempt, set the fastest lap which was 0.4 sec better than mine.
In the race, I passed di Grassi and kept my position constantly increasing the margin. In lap 15 di Grassi retired after an accident. Within the following laps, most of the top drivers retired too while I was still the fastest on the track. I won the race which was a very easy one to me and I really regret that there's no sprint here in Monte Carlo as I think I'd earn much more points. AS I set the fastest lap in the race I got yet another extra point.

The winner - Pantano, 2nd - Glock, 3rd - Nakajima

Thats the point, you screw youreself with putting you on positions you dont deserve, while the others start from random places. youre @#$%& with youreself :p

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Maybe I do :) Well, it's the only way to keep things real, at least to some small extent.

Race 6 - Magny Cours, GP of France

I qualified 7th. Pole for di Grassi, 2nd for Zuber. At the start I immediately got to the top and I'd have taken the lead hadn't I hit Nakajima which slowed us both down a little bit. I got stuck in third position eyewitnessing the battle between di Grassi and Zuber. In lap 6 Zuber, trying to pass di Grassi, run wide and hit the barrier thanks to which I took 2nd position. Nakajima retired shortly after this incident and now my position was safe. After first round of pit-stops Glock took 2nd position while I got back to third. I would have passed him but while trying to pass him on the start/finish line, Zaugg appeared right in front of me leaving the pits. I had to slow down and lost the opportunity to advance in the race order. Second round of pit-stops was extremely interesting as Conway was 2 seconds behind me and we entered the pits at the same time. I could see him in the mirrors while being served by my pit crew. He had already left the pits while my guys were still dealing with the fuel. Luckily, I was allowed to go right in front of Conway's nose and kept my 3rd position to the end.

The winner - di Grassi, 2nd - Glock, 3rd - Pantano

Race 7(sprint) - I started from 6th position and managed to climb to 2nd position at the start. Conway took the lead and was right in front of me. I was gradually decreasing the gap but Conway was a hard one to beat. Finally in lap 10 I passed him but my leadership was unsafe as in the very same lap we both, as in the feature race, got to the pits. This time it was Conway who passed me in the pits and my chase started all over again. Meanwhile Glock and Senna retired from the race. Second round of pit-stops was to decide who was to win. Conway pitted two laps earlier. When I left the pits I was right in front of Conway but the result was still uncertain as the weather forecast predicted some shower within next few laps. I managed to keep 1st position and won the race. Actually, the rain started to fall right after we all crossed the finish line.

The winner - Pantano, 2nd - Conway, 3rd - di Grassi

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2009 09:35PM by abdelkader.
Rico schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thats the point, you screw youreself with putting
> you on positions you dont deserve, while the
> others start from random places. youre @#$%& with
> youreself :p

Why??? I did a GP2 season myself a while back, and of course I had the whole sprint race grid set as it should be - so top 8 reversed, the rest lined up in finishing order of race one. Just setting my own place would have been only half the deal wouldn't it?
How did you set the line-up in the correct way? Is there any way to do that?

I just make a new performance file, where I leave the race values unchanged but set the qualify ability according to the grid order I want to have with some significant gap between them, let's say 500 (so 8th place of race 1 25000, 7th place 24500 and so on) and the qualify range on zero. Then I just set the sprint race length to the number of laps needed via GPxPatch and set my own starting position to where I belong. Then I just have the sprint race as normal, and the CC cars will be in the right order.
:) Holy sheep . How couldn't I have come up with that myself? A clever and obvious one.

genius indeed ! :P

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy