Best site for OVAL tracks?

Posted by MaxF1 
Best site for OVAL tracks?
Date: November 04, 2006 10:09PM
Posted by: MaxF1
Anyone know where the best site is to get some of the ovals used in NASCAR and the IRL?

I mean ones like Las Vegas, Talladega, Pocono, Phoenix, Texas etc...

I know Sergio Leonardi did some but they were poor (I mean filled with bugs, especially the pits)and originally for GP2 though I know some have been converted to GP3 format but I was wondering if anyone has them or can point me in the right direction. All on HW mode if poss...

Many thanks

Max
Re: Best site for OVAL tracks?
Date: November 05, 2006 01:55AM
Posted by: Fincent
I use the Indy 500 oval for preference. It may not be perfect but it does the job for me, lol, cant beat that brick start finish line anyways. It's always something ive been interested in too, a really good quality oval so if anyone knows of one then theres two people of interest here :).

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: November 05, 2006 09:53AM
Fincent,

I've currently got: Homestead (great!), Indy (great!), Gateway (great!), Martinsville (OK but where's the bloody pit entrance?!), Daytona (great), Fontana (great), Michigan (can't get the bloody thing to load though!), Milwaukee (great), Eurospeedway (game crashes anytimethee's a crash), Nazareth (great but cars always crash when trying to enter pits!).

Have you got any of these? If not I can send them to you.
Date: November 05, 2006 02:26PM
Posted by: matthew13666
The pit entrance at Martinsville is on the very inside of Turn 4. (If the modeller has followed the track layout 100%)
Date: November 05, 2006 06:25PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
Can I mention Motegi Twin Ring? Good track but in the slow turn the cars use to brake too much instead of partialise the acceleration causing everytime crashes between me and the AI car preceeding me.

Usually my main issue with oval is the difference of performance between me and the AI cars. Somewhere I'm too fast, somewhere I'm too slow

-------------------------------
Date: November 05, 2006 08:29PM
I must say, I've not had those problems Scandura. But I did download the trackpacks 1,2 & 3 from this site and can't get the ovals to work/load due to there being no jam files available. Where can I get that sorted if at all?
Date: November 05, 2006 08:38PM
If I remember the packs you mean, the problems should be not the jams. Being simply converted from gp2 there are some messed commands that should be cleaned.
try to load them with debug mode they should load anyway.

Date: November 05, 2006 08:55PM
how on earth do I load in debug mode???????????/

is that to do with GPxPatch or something else?????
Date: November 05, 2006 10:18PM
on earth we check the 'Start with debug mode' option in the main frame of the gpxpatch

Date: November 06, 2006 12:33PM
Posted by: matthew13666
I'm still having problems starting GP3 in debug mode.

It simply won't start.
Date: November 06, 2006 02:06PM
@ MaxF1, I have indy but if you could send me gateway and homestead that'd be "great!" lol :)

@ Matthew 13666, I also have the same problem as you with gpxpatch not working at all in debug mode. As soon as i press start it just says there has been an error. What are your system specs? Wouldnt surprise me if we're very similar lol. (edit: mine is a dell inspiron 6400 laptop, dual core 2ghz intel, 2gb ram, dx9, 256mb ati radeon mobility grfx card)

Circuit Thermalito

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2006 02:10PM by Fincent.
Date: November 07, 2006 09:10PM
For Homestead, check out:

[www.pedmonds.f9.co.uk]

I prefer the low banking version, better racing through corners!

For Gateway:

[www.freewebs.com]

can I ask whose Indy you are using?

Regards,

Max
Date: November 08, 2006 12:56AM
Cheers MaxF1, i'll get downloading them and i'll let ya know what i think. I'm using Nathaniel Porter's indy by the way :).

Circuit Thermalito

Date: November 08, 2006 02:01AM
Right, only homestead downloads for me (great track btw, fun to drive, looks good and the high banking config provides a nice challenge, hit the inside and you're spinning off, goodnight vienna). I tried gateway but the link to Paul Edmond's base files that you need doesnt seem to be working at the moment :(. I'll try again tomorrow anyways and let you know.

Many thanks :)

Circuit Thermalito

Date: November 08, 2006 09:29PM
fincent

give me your email add and i'll send you gateway

max
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy